PMI David I. Cleland Project Management Literature Award
The PMI David I. Cleland Project Management Literature Award recognizes the author(s) of a published book that significantly advances project management knowledge, concepts, and practice.
Click HERE for 2016 detailed award description and guidelines. Nominations are accepted between 1 November and 1 May.
- The nominated book must have been published during calendar year 2015 written in English in the field of project management.
- The work may come from academic or practitioner literature.
- The author(s) of the nominated literature need not be a PMI member.
- Sitting members of PMI’s Board of Directors may not participate in the nomination or evaluation process.
- Current sitting members of PMI’s Academic Member Advisory Group are ineligible to receive this award during their tenure on the AMAG.
- A book authored or co-authored by current PMI staff.
- A book authored by a PMI consultant or contractor, the content of which is based on the contracted work/activity.
- Standards of accrediting bodies, including those of PMI.
- Individuals or organizations that have failed to comply with PMI policies and procedures, including but not limited to PMI's Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
For More Information
Click on our frequently asked questions for more information.
Recipients of the PMI David I. Cleland Project Management Literature Award
2014: ProjectThink: Why Good Managers Make Poor Project Choices by Lev Virine, PhD, P.Eng. and Michael Trumper
2013: Practical Project Risk Management: The ATOM Methodology by David Hilllson and Peter Simon
2012: The Basic of Project Management and Lessons Learned by Willis H. Thomas, PhD, CPT, PMP
2011: Green Project Management by Richard Maltzman, PMP and David Shirley, PMP
2010: Identifying and Managing Project Risk: Essential Tools for Failure-Proofing Your Project, Second Edition, 2009 by Tom Kendrick, PMP, MBA, MSEE
2009: Managing Complex Projects: A New Model by Kathleen B. Hass, PMP
2008: Global Project Management: Communication, Collaboration and Management Across Borders by Jean Binder, MBA, PMP
2007: The AMA Handbook of Project Management, Second Edition
2006: Kenneth H. Rose, PMP
2005: Gregory A. Garrett, CPCM, CPM, PMP
2004: Dragan Z. Milosevic, PhD, PMP
2003: Preston G. Smith, CMC; Guy M. Merritt
2002: J. Kent Crawford, PMP
1999: Vijay Verma