PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®
Ready to apply? Register and log in to get started.
If you use agile practices in your projects, or your organization is adopting agile approaches to project management, the PMI-ACP® certification may be right for you. The PMI-ACP recognizes knowledge of agile principles, practices and tools and techniques across agile methodologies.
Who should apply?
If you are working in organizations using agile, the PMI-ACP can provide an opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge of agile practices. The PMI-ACP is not limited to project managers as individuals with experience working on agile project teams can apply and experience requirements to obtain the PMI-ACP do not reflect the need to manage projects.
Practitioners who are seeking to:
- Demonstrate to employers their level of professionalism in agile practices, tools and techniques
- Increase their professional versatility in agile techniques
- Hold a certification that is more credible than existing entry-level, training or exam-only based offerings PMI-ACP Eligibility Overview
To apply for the PMI-ACP, you need to meet the following requirements:
PMI Agile Certification Eligibility Requirements
General Project Experience
- 2,000 hours working on project teams
- These hours must be earned within the last 5 years
- Active PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement
Agile Project Experience
- 1500 hours working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies
- These hours are in addition to the 2,000 hours required in “general project experience”
- These hours must be earned within the last 3 years
Training in Agile Practices
- 21 contact hours
- Hours must be earned in agile practices
- Tests knowledge of agile fundamentals
This is an overview of the requirements. For complete details regarding the PMI-ACP eligibility requirements, please view the PMI-ACP Handbook for further details.
How to apply
To apply for the PMI-ACP, register and log in to get started. A printable PMI-ACP printable application form is also available.
Need more information?. See the detailed requirements in the PMI-ACP Handbook.
If you're ready to take the exam, the PMI-ACP exam preparation can get you started.
Maintain Your PMI-ACP
As part of PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) program, a PMI-ACP credential holder will need to earn 30 PDUs in agile project management per three-year cycle. To learn more about the program, what are PDUs, how to earn and claim them, as well as step-by-step instructions on how to renew your certification, watch the CCR video. You can also reference the latest PMI-ACP Handbook found on PMI.org
If you’re ready to report your activities, visit PMI’s online CCR system to report PDUs and view your certification records. You can download a printable PDU activity reporting form.