Shipping Rates and Delivery Estimates
Online orders are shipped via United Parcel Service (UPS) so that they are trackable. If you prefer a different shipping carrier, do not place your order online. Instead contact the PMI Book Service Center directly via phone, fax or e-mail to make those arrangements.
UPS does not ship to P.O. boxes so a street address is required. Orders with a shipping address of a P.O. box will be shipped via the United States Postal Service and will not be trackable.
Customers outside the United States are responsible for paying all duties, taxes and brokerage charges charged directly through customs. Because PMI is not charging these fees, we are not able to estimate how much they will be. We take measures to ensure that the value of your shipment is declared accurately, and that all necessary paperwork accompanies your shipment to minimize any customs clearance delays.
NOTE: PMI will not ship to the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Burma (Myanmar), Sudan, Syria.
Please allow 7 to 10 business days for delivery of books that are in stock when you place your order. Please allow for longer delivery time if your order is shipping to an address outside of the United States. The PMI Book Service Center can provide an estimated delivery date on orders that have been shipped, if this information is available from the carrier.
- UPS Ground: Delivery in 1-5 business days (Monday – Friday) based on distance to destination.
- UPS 2nd Day Air*: Delivery in two business days, typically by end of day.
- UPS Next Day Air*: Delivery on next business day, typically by 10:30 a.m. Friday orders will be delivered on Monday.
- UPS World Wide Express: Delivery in 1-3 business days, typically by 9:00 a.m. NOTE: This does not account for delays due to customs clearance in country.
*Next Day Air and 2nd Day Air orders that are received by 12:00 noon US Eastern Time will be shipped the same day (or Monday if order is received on Saturday or Sunday). Orders received after 12:00 noon will not be shipped until the next business day. For other rush deliveries, contact the PMI Book Service Center directly via phone, fax or e-mail to make arrangements
Shipping and Handling Charges
Shipping and Handling Charges to the Continental United States and Canada: Minimum $5.95 (US) per order. For orders with more than 2 books, add $0.50 for each additional item in the order. For Canada orders with more than 2 books, add $1.00 for each additional item in the order.
Shipping and Handling Outside Continental U.S., and Canada Express Shipping: Minimum $25.95 (US) per order. Orders with more than one book, add $3.00 for each additional item in the order.
Shipping options to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico are UPS Ground, UPS 2nd Day Air and UPS Next-Day Air. Rates for "outside Continental U.S." apply to orders going to these destinations.
Shipping to APO/FPO/DPO addresses: All shipments to APO, FPO, DPO addresses are sent via the United States Postal Service even though UPS shipping options will be offered during check-out. Simply select “UPS Ground” as your shipping option. Following the steps below will ensure that you are charged the correct shipping amount and that your order will be delivered in a timely fashion.
- City field: Enter "APO,""FPO," or "DPO."
- State/Province field: Enter the two-letter code for the region where the recipient is stationed. Typically, but not always, the code is "AE" for recipients stationed in Europe, Canada, Africa, or the Middle East; "AA" for recipients stationed in the Americas; and "AP" for recipients stationed in Asia or the Pacific.
- Country field: Always "United States" regardless of where the recipient is stationed.
UPS Next Day - above cost plus $20.00 (US).
UPS 2nd Day - above cost plus $15.00 (US).
For other shipping methods (not UPS), PMI will calculate the actual costs of rush service requested by the customer. In addition, the customer will be charged a $10.00 (US) rush service fee.
You can check your order status directly with the carrier using the tracking number provided to you in your order confirmation e-mail.
Back to Top