Register to Join the PMI Academic Network
The PMI Academic Network is open to researchers, full-time, part-time or adjunct faculty as well as program directors and academic administrators who teach, develop or manage project management programs or courses. It is also open to faculty from schools that are interested in developing project management courses. Registration in the PMI Academic Network is free.
Benefits of Participation in the Network
Depending on the areas of interest you select when registering for the Network, you will receive access to the following benefits:
E-mail news alerts regarding PMI research and/or education content and opportunities in project management and allied disciplines. We limit the number of email messages you get per month to two for each area of interest selected (you may receive anywhere from 2 to 8 alerts per month depending on your selected preferences). These alerts may include:
- Academic articles and monographs published by PMI.
- Profiles of project management programs developed by academic institutions
- Information about opportunities at upcoming PMI academic events (submitting papers, participating in events)
- Calls for PMI sponsored research proposals.
- Proceedings from academic workshops organized by PMI
- Other academic opportunities and content.
Access to PMI chapter resources. At your request, we will put you in touch with the right people at the PMI chapters, local organizations of project management practitioners that can support your teaching and students. PMI has more than 250 chapters all over the world. Chapters will help you access:
- Subject matter experts, lecturers, adjunct faculty and academic advisors for developing your project management courses.
- Mentoring and professional networking for your students.
Opportunity to participate in exclusive PMI educator workshops and meetings. Several times a year we hold workshops for educators teaching or interested in teaching project management. We will alert you of opportunities to participate in these exclusive events, and offer free workshop registration.
Exclusive opportunities for your students. We’ll work with you to determine how your students can benefit from PMI membership and certification programs.
- The ability to purchase PMI group student memberships for students in your courses.
- Opportunities for your students to purchase Smart Start student packages (these packages combine CAPM certification and PMI student membership) in one easy step and at a student price.
- Local PMI chapter-sponsored student programs.
PMI Academic Relations Team Support. Contact us via email, identify yourself as a participant of the PMI Academic Network, and we will connect you with resources for project management education program development.
Access to a library of materials that illustrate the importance of teaching project management at academic institutions. Download or order pre-printed resources for advocating project management teaching at your institution. After you register for the Network, you will receive an email explaining how it works. Resources include presentations, brochures, case studies and white papers, and information on PMI certifications and membership.
Register for PMI Academic Network
To register please complete and submit the form below and you will receive an email confirming your registration shortly. If you have questions about the Network, please do not hesitate to contact us.