What advice can you offer about submitting entries?
- The “Call for Nominations” begins 1 November each year.
- Visit Awards for more information.
- Start the process early.
- Designate an award team with a lead nominator who gathers all necessary information, completes the paperwork and submits it on time, and acts as a liaison between PMI and the team.
- Review the application package carefully. If possible, request a person not connected with the submission review it for criteria and compliance.
- Justify in the submission why you think your submission should receive the award.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions as early as possible.
What awards are offered?
Nominate a Project or Program:
- PMI Project of the Year Award
- PMO of the Year Award
- PMI Award for Project Excellence
- PMI Continuing Professional Education Product of the Year Award
Nominate a Project Professional:
- PMI Eric Jenett Project Management Award of Excellence
- PMI Fellow of the Institute Award
- PMI Linn Stuckenbruck Person of the Year Award
- PMI Continuing Professional Education Provider of the Year Award
Nominate a Project Management Researcher or Educator:
Who is eligible?
Eligibility varies from award to award. Some awards require PMI membership, others do not. Please review each award description for details.
What is the nomination process?
PMI Permissions and Release Form for the PMI Professional Award Program
All applicants and/or nominees for PMI Professional Awards must sign and return the completed PMI Professional Awards Program Permissions and Release Document and include it with their nomination package.
If you have additional questions about this form, contact email@example.com.
Is there an application fee for the awards?
There are no application fees to apply for any of the PMI Professional Awards.
Who selects winners?
Evaluators vary by award. All evaluators are PMI volunteers who are experienced practitioners who have successfully demonstrated project management expertise. Many volunteer evaluator positions are posted in January through PMI’s Volunteer Relationship Management System (VRMS).
When and where are awards presented?
Most awards are announced at the PMI Global Congress-North America in the fourth quarter. PMO of the Year Award is announced at PMO Symposium in the fourth quarter.
Who administers the PMI Professional Awards Program?
The program is administered by PMI's Public Relations Department.
Who do I contact for more information?