PMI Continuing Professional Education Product of the Year Award
The PMI Continuing Professional Education Product of the Year Award is to recognize and honor exceptional skills in the development and delivery of a professional development product in project, program, or portfolio management.
- This award may be given to a corporate/government/association, a commercial business education provider, and/or an academic institution that is responsible for the development, delivery, and continuous improvement of the nominated professional development product.
- Professional development product is defined as an educational offering, such as a training course or educational activity that satisfies a student need.
- The professional development product must be delivered for the first time in the previous calendar year and still offered as part of the education provider’s offerings.
- Product endorsement letters must:
- Come from third parties, preferably students.
- Reference the application of the individual’s learnings from the product.
- Articulate/demonstrate the impact of the product to them as a professional.
- Be dated within the previous calendar year.
- PMI Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) products are eligible.
- Self-nomination is permitted.
- PMI-sponsored products are not eligible for this award.
- Professional development products submitted previously for consideration of this award will not be eligible unless documentation shows significant improvements or revisions have been made to the product, since the prior submission.
- Evaluators, or the companies that employ these evaluators, are not eligible to receive this award.
- Failure to provide the necessary permissions and releases will eliminate the nomination from consideration.
Number of Awards
- Only one PMI Continuing Professional Education Product of the Year Award may be given annually in each of the award categories defined above.
- PMI reserves the right not to select a recipient for a particular year if the evaluations performed indicate that nominations do not meet the stated criteria.
- PMI reserves the right not to select a recipient for a particular year if the minimum threshold score is not met by any nominees.
When more than one person is making the nomination, a designated Lead Nominator must:
- Ensure all documentation is included providing clearance for public release, which includes the PMI Release Form, PMI Permissions Form and the Contact Information Form. (See Nomination Package Content section).
- Assemble and submit the nomination package.
- Ensure that the nomination package is complete at the time of submission. Incomplete nomination packages will not be evaluated.
- The nominator(s) must have personal knowledge of the product(s) nominated.
- The nominator(s) shall be affiliated with PMI by membership or PMI Certification, or be a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.).
- The evaluation of all nominations will primarily be made on the strength of the applicant’s written submission followed by the opportunity to review the product.
- Nominators must submit their product electronically to email@example.com with identifying documentation.
Nomination Package Content
The nomination package, consisting of no more than fifteen pages, must contain the following:
- A cover letter of no more than 2 pages that gives an overview of the following:
- Description of how the course/material has made a positive impact on the student/employer.
- A statement of how each of the criteria were clearly met or exceeded.
- The process for identifying the needs assessment.
- Identification of instructional material or product developed.
- Continuing Professional Education Application document (two pages or less each criteria; minimum 10-pt type).
- The supporting document must include the following:
- Letters of support: A minimum of three, but no more than five, letters of support (one page per letter) from third parties, preferably students or organizations with employees who experienced the product. The letters must fully describe why the product deserves the award. (Included in stated page count maximum).
- Letter of support shall be original, signed documents.
- PMI Release Form – not counted toward the stated page count maximum.
- PMI Permissions Form – not counted toward the stated page count maximum.
- Submission Contact Form – not counted toward the stated page count maximum.