PMI Eric Jenett Project Management Award of Excellence
A PMI Eric Jenett Project Management Award of Excellence is to recognize and honor an individual who has made an outstanding contribution(s) to the project management profession or its practice through leadership, technical project management, and strategic and business management acumen.
- The nominee does not require PMI affiliation.
- The nominee may work in any field i.e., business, government, nonprofit, academia, research, consulting, training, etc.
Number of Awards
- There is no limit to the number of PMI Eric Jenett Distinguished Contribution Awards granted annually.
- PMI reserves the right not to select any recipients for a particular year if the evaluations performed indicate that nominations do not meet the stated criteria.
- Self-nomination is not permitted.
- The nominee must be nominated by at least two and not more than six individuals, one of whom must be the Lead Nominator.
- Any direct personal or professional relationship of the nominators with the nominee must be stated.
- Please also review PMI general submissions guidelines
- The Lead Nominator must:
- Be a PMI member in good standing.
- Ensure all documentation is complete, including the PMI Release and Permissions Form and the PMI Contact Information Form. (See Nomination Package Content section)
- Assemble and submit the nomination package to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure that the nomination package is complete at the time of submission.
Incomplete nomination packages will not be evaluated.
Nomination Package Content
The nomination package must contain the following:
- The Eric Jenett Distinguished Contribution Award Application document that includes the five criteria (no more than 2 pages per criteria) that must be met.
- Letters of nomination, of no more than two pages each, from the Lead Nominator and each of the other nominators. Each letter should include:
- A full description of the contributions deserving the award based on the stated criteria. The description must clearly outline why the contributions represent an improved or enhanced use of project management or make a lasting contribution to the profession.
- Length and type of association with the nominee
- Each nominator shall document their personal knowledge of the nominee’s contributions
- PMI Permissions and Release Form – not counted toward the page count maximum
- PMI Contact Information Form – not counted toward the page count maximum
- In the event that more than one individual is to be nominated for the same contribution, separate nomination packages must be submitted.
- If a nominee is not selected, he or she may be re-nominated.
- Nominations must be sent electronically to email@example.com.