PMO of the Year Award
The PMO of the Year Award honors a PMO that has demonstrated superior organizational project management abilities by adding value to its organization through its support of successful strategic initiatives. The award recognizes a PMO that has established a vision for value delivery and has had a positive and clear impact on business results.
Number of Awards
- One recipient and two finalists will be awarded annually.
- PMI reserves the right not to select a recipient for a particular year if the evaluations performed indicate that nominations do not meet the stated criteria.
- All corporate and government PMOs.
- More than one PMO from an organization may participate as the award is to the PMO, not the organization.
- Enterprise PMOs as well as IT PMOs, New Product Development PMOs, or other Business Unit PMOs.
- Submissions from third-parties on behalf of a PMO.
- Consulting, Training, or other third-party providers are not permitted to submit an entry on behalf of an organization’s PMO.
- Nominations must be sent electronically to email@example.com and must be received by the application deadline.
- One Lead Nominator shall be designated with whom PMI will communicate regarding the nomination. The Lead Nominator must be the PMO Director.
- The Lead Nominator does not require PMI affiliation.
- The Lead Nominator shall submit the PMO of the Year Award Application document addressing each of the criteria, listing relevant criteria title and description at the top of each page.
- All submitted material shall not exceed twelve pages (eleven for the criteria and one for the Organization and PMO information requested).
- The Lead Nominator shall ensure that all documentation is accurately completed and submitted. Incomplete nomination packages will not be evaluated.
- Please review PMI General Submission Guidelines.
Nomination Package Content
The nomination package, consisting of no more than twelve pages, shall contain:
- The PMO of the Year Award Application document addressing each of the criteria that must be met with a maximum set page limit for each criteria.
- PMI Permissions and Release Form signed by the nominee – not counted toward the page count maximum.
- PMI Contact Information Form (PMO of the Year Award specific) – not counted toward the page count maximum.
- Visit our frequently asked questions for more information.