PMI Project of the Year Award
The PMI Project of the Year Award recognizes the large and complex project that best delivers:
- Superior performance of project management practices
- Superior organizational results
- Positive impacts on society
Number of Awards
- One recipient and two finalists will be awarded annually.
- PMI reserves the right not to select any recipients for a particular year if the evaluations performed indicate that nominations do not meet the stated criteria.
- Project budget must be greater than US$100 million.
- Project of any type, from any industry, in public or private sectors.
- Project from any geography in the world.
- The project must have been completed no more than 18 months before the application deadline.
- A project which has either won or has been previously nominated for the PMI Project of the Year Award or the PMI Award for Project Excellence.
- Nominations must be sent electronically to email@example.com and must be received by the application deadline.
- One Lead Nominator shall be designated with whom PMI will communicate regarding the nomination.
- The Lead Nominator does not require PMI affiliation.
- The Lead Nominator shall submit the PMI Project of the Year Award Application document addressing each of the criteria in two pages or fewer and listing the relevant criteria title and description at the top of each page.
- All submitted material shall not exceed twenty pages.
- The Lead Nominator shall ensure that all documentation is accurately completed and submitted. Incomplete nomination packages will not be evaluated.
- Please review PMI General Submission Guidelines.
Nomination Package Content
The nomination package, consisting of no more than 20 pages, shall contain:
- The PMI Project of the Year Award Application document addressing each of the criteria that must be met (no more than 2 pages per criteria).
- PMI Permissions and Release Form signed by the nominee - not counted toward the page count maximum.
- PMI Contact Information Form – not counted toward the page count maximum.