PMI David I. Cleland Project Management Literature Award
The PMI David I. Cleland Project Management Literature Award recognizes the author(s) of a published book that significantly advances project management knowledge, concepts, and practice.
Nominations are accepted between 1 November and 1 March. See right side under Application Materials for detailed submission guidelines.
- The nominated book must have been published in English during 2016 in a field relevant to project management.
- The book may come from academic or practitioner literature.
- The author(s) of the nominated book need not be a PMI member.
- Sitting members of PMI’s Board of Directors may not participate in the nomination or evaluation process.
- Current sitting members of PMI’s Academic Member Advisory Group are ineligible to receive this award during their tenure on the AMAG.
- A book authored or co-authored by current PMI staff.
- A book authored by a PMI consultant or contractor, the content of which is based on the contracted work/activity.
- Edited books are not eligible for the award.
- Standards of accrediting bodies, including those of PMI.
- Individuals or organizations that have failed to comply with PMI policies and procedures, including but not limited to PMI's Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.