PMI Scholar-Practitioner Award
The PMI Scholar-Practitioner Award recognizes and honors an individual or group of individuals for excellence in the conduct of academic research and the adoption or adaptation of research into practice.
Nominations are accepted between 1 November and 1 March. See right side under Application Materials for detailed submission guidelines.
- The nominee(s) is not required to be a PMI member.
- The nominee may be a practitioner engaged with academia, or a scholar engaged in practice.
- The nominee’s primary professional affiliation may be academic, corporate, government or nonprofit.
- Works of the individual(s) have been subjected to peer-review in the individual’s area of expertise. Examples include journals and conferences, chapters and books, keynote presentations, and invited contributions.
- Sitting members of PMI’s Board of Directors may not participate in the nomination or evaluation process and are ineligible to receive this award.
- Current sitting members of PMI’s Academic Member Advisory Group are ineligible to receive this award during their tenure on the AMAG.
- Current PMI staff, consultants, and contractors.
- Individuals who have failed to comply with PMI policies and procedures, including but not limited to PMI's Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct, will not be considered.