PMI Fellow of the Institute Award
The PMI Fellow of the Institute Award is the highest and most prestigious individual award presented by the Project Management Institute for service to the organization and profession.
Number of Awards
- The number of PMI Fellow of the Institute Awards granted annually is not limited.
- PMI reserves the right not to select a recipient for a particular year if the evaluations performed indicate that nominations do not meet the stated criteria.
- The nominee must be a current PMI member in good standing.
- Self-nomination is not permitted.
- Nominations must be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by the application deadline.
- Self-nomination is not permitted.
- The Lead Nominator shall be a PMI Fellow and a PMI member in good standing.
- A PMI Fellow may serve as a Lead Nominator for up to two nominations per year.
- Letters of nomination shall be submitted by the Lead Nominator plus a minimum of three and not more than five additional nominators.
- The Lead Nominator and at least three of the additional nominators shall be PMI members in good standing. The remaining nominators do not require a PMI membership.
- Each letter of nomination shall be signed by the author and shall be no more than two pages. Each letter must include:
- Length of association with the nominee
- Type of personal or professional relationship with nominee (e.g., component member, business associate, etc.).
- Statements of his/her knowledge of the specific contributions made by the nominee, consistent with the PMI Fellow of the Institute Award criteria in the Award Application, that also identifies the impact of these contributions on PMI and the profession.
- Statement of recommendation for the award
- The nominator’s contact information (name, address, telephone, email, etc.).
- Nominators shall be from different organizations/employers than that of the nominee and from each other. Nominators should be chosen to provide various perspectives of the nominee’s contributions. The Lead Nominator shall ensure that all documentation is accurately completed and submitted. Incomplete nomination packages will not be evaluated.
- Please review PMI General Submission Guidelines.
Nomination Package Content
The nomination package, consisting of no more than 15 pages, shall contain the following:
- PMI Fellow of the Institute Award Application document.
- Letters of nomination of no more than two pages each from the Lead Nominator and from the other 3 – 5 nominators, which include:
- A resume or curriculum vitae of the nominee may be included to expand the requested data and identify other professional accomplishments, but must include a summary document. The resume/curriculum vitae and summary document will not count toward the stated page count maximum.
- PMI Permissions and Release Form signed by the nominee – not counted toward the stated page count maximum.
- PMI Contact Information Form – not counted toward the stated page count maximum.
In the event of an unsuccessful nomination:
- A new nomination package must be submitted in order for the nominee to be considered in subsequent years.
- The number of times a member may be nominated is unlimited.
For More Information
Click on our frequently asked questions for more information.
Recipients of the PMI Fellow Award
Brian Hobbs, PMP
Eric S. Norman, PMP, PgMP
Debra L. Miersma
Frank P. Saladis, PMP
Yanping Chen, MD, PhD, PMP
Mark Owen Mathieson, PE, PMP
Aaron J. Shenhar, PhD, PMP
Thomas Walenta, Dipl-Math., PMP
Alfonso Bucero, CSE, MSc, PMP
Philip R. Diab, MBA, PMP
David Hillson, PhD, PMP, HonFAPM, FIRM, FRSA
Ian Fraser, FPMINZ, PMP
James M. Gallagher, PMP
Lee R. Lambert, PMP
Karen Tate, MBA, PMP
Vijay Verma, MBA, PMP
Karen R. J. White MS, PMP
Louis J. Mercken, MBA, PMP
Julie M. Wilson, PMP
Michel Thiry, PMP
Helen S. Cooke, BA, MA, PMP
Saralee Newell, PMP
Rebecca Ann Winston, Esq.
Hugh Woodward, MBA, MSCE, PMP
Walter O. Bowman, PMP
J. Davidson Frame, PhD, PMP
J. Kent Crawford, PMP
Dr. Pierre M. Menard, Eng., MBA, PMP
Gerald Ostrander, PMP
David L. Pells, PMP
Ronald P.C. Waller, PMP, CEM
Robert L. Kimmons, PE, PMP
Harvey A. Levine
David H. Curling
Dr. Roger B. Glaser
Richard J. Balfour
Bryan R. A. McConachy, P.Eng., PMP
Mary Devon O'Brien, PMP
Robert Yourzak, PMP
Frederick A. Arnold, SE
Paul Dinsmore, PMP
J. D. "Kaay" Koch, PMP
Douglas S. Egan, Jr.
Dr. Francis M. Webster, Jr., PMP
Dr. Martin Dean Martin
Russell D. Archibald, PMP
Dr. Lewis R. Ireland, PMP
Charles Y. Lopinsky, PMP
James O'Brien, PMP
R. Max Wideman
Dr. David I. Cleland
Henry F. Padgham, PMP
Earl W. Feight
Kenneth O. Hartley, PMP
Dr. Linn C. Stuckenbruck
Robert G. Staples
Regula A. Brunies
Dr. J. Gordon Davis, PMI Founder
David H. Morton
Dr. John R. Adams, PMP
Robert B. Gillis
Dr. John W. Fondahl
Eric Jenett, PMP, PMI Founder
Matthew H. Parry
James R. Snyder, PMI Founder