The Kerzner Award
The PMI Educational Foundation administers the prestigious Kerzner Award. The Kerzner Award is sponsored by International Institute for Learning, Inc. (IIL) to recognize a project manager who most emulates the professional dedication and excellence of Dr. Harold Kerzner, PhD, MS, MBA.
In addition to public recognition of his or her professional dedication and excellence, the recipient of the Kerzner Award will receive IIL training valued at US$5,000 and, if applicable, a gift of US$3,000 will be provided to the award recipient’s PMI Chapter.
You may nominate yourself or someone else. The Kerzner Award Recipient will receive an expenses-paid trip to the PMI Global Congress – North America in October. The recipient will be recognized at the Congress.
Please click here to nominate yourself or a colleague
Due 15 May 2013
About Dr. Harold Kerzner
Dr. Kerzner is a senior executive director at IIL. In addition to his distinguished academic, training, and consulting contributions to project management, Dr. Kerzner is a globally recognized expert and best-selling author on the subjects of project, program and portfolio management; total quality management; and strategic planning.
Congratulations to the 2012 recipient!
Jennifer Quaglietta, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care of Ontario, Canada
Project presentation - Translating Project Management into Practice in Government: From Project to Pilot to Corporate PMO
Read more about Jennifer's project
Congratulations to the other 2012 finalists!
- Giorgio Bensa, BensaPM
- Brian Horgan, The United Illuminating Company
- Jinni Kapp, Comcast
- Jennifer Quaglietta, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care of Ontario, Canada
- Sriram Rajagopalan, Physicians Interactive
2011 Kerzner Award
Charles Millhollan, PMP, PgMP, CBAP, Director of Program Management, Churchill Downs, Inc.
View his project presentation - Churchill Downs Incorporated's PMO: Created from Chaos
Other 2011 Finalists
- Stephen Garfein, RPM Systems Corp
- Edward Harkins, General Dynamics C4 Systems
- Jeffrey Hodgkinson, Intel Corp
- Olatunde Olatona, Action Missionaire Interafricaine
2010 - Renamed “The Kerzner Award”
Transitioned to the PMI Educational Foundation for Administration No Recipient
2009 Kerzner International Project Manager of the Year:
Terrance Dugan, PMP, MBA, Consulting Project Manager, Oracle Consulting, USA
Other 2009 Finalists:
- Brian Kean, PMP, Suncor Energy Inc, Canada
- Denis Vukosav, PMP, MBU Ltd, Croatia
- Jeffrey Hodgkinson, PMP, Intel, USA
- Mona Lynn, PMP, American Heart Association, USA
2008 Kerzner International Project Manager of the Year
Scot Hanley, PMP, MCP, VP, Director Professional Services, Synovus Financial Corporation, USA
Other 2008 Finalists:
- Jane Christie, PMP, AT&T, Canada
- Todd A. Osborn, PMP, John Deere, USA
- Quang Ton, CISM, PMP, Schlumberger Oilfield Services, USA
- Reggie Brown, PMP, Imvusa Project Management Solutions, South Africa
2007 Kerzner International Project Manager of the Year
Tresia D. Eaves, MHR, PMP, RGS, Project Manager & Vice President, Technology Integration Group, SENTEL Corporation, a wholly Owned Subsidiary of WC Holding, Inc., USA
Other 2007 Finalists:
- Gary P. Newman, PMP, Project Manager, Global PMO, Rockwell Automation, USA
- Janet Yackey, PMP, Director, Norton Healthcare, KY, USA
- Ramesh Chandra, PMP,MBT, MIT, MPD Project Manager FaCSIA, Australia
- Thomas Carbone, MSEM, PMP, Manager, Project Management Office, Fairchild Semiconductor, Inc., USA
2006 Kerzner International Project Manager of the Year
Eric Johnson, SCNC Deputy Program Director & Manager of Programs, Honeywell Technology Solutions Inc., USA
Other 2006 Finalists:
- Gary Maule, Senior Project Manager, Integrated Project Management Co., Inc.
- Janet Dyke, Area Manager Product Integration/PMSO, AT&T
- Jo McElroy, Principal Consultant, Pcubed
- Michael Thorn, Senior Project Manager for Information Systems, NCCI
- Shakir Zuberi, Project Manager, Project-Management International
The purpose of The Kerzner Award, created in 2006 by IIL, is to recognize one project manager per year who exemplifies superior performance and outstanding project management methods, skills, and techniques, and who provides important contributions in a business, industry, government, community or not-for-profit environment. The award is named in honor of Dr. Harold Kerzner. Dr. Kerzner is a globally recognized expert on project management, total quality management, and strategic planning and the author of best-selling books about project management.
Candidates must possess the PMI Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential and may be associated with any industry or sector from anywhere in the world.
The evaluation and selection process consists of two stages: Evaluation and Finals.
The Kerzner Award recipient will be presented at a PMI Educational Foundation event during the PMI® Global Congress – North America. The winner will be presented with The Kerzner Award by E. LaVerne Johnson, President and CEO of IIL, and Dr. Harold Kerzner.
Further recognition may also occur during International Project Management Day™ and during other PMI or PMI Educational Foundation events.
- Anyone may nominate any project manager via this nomination form. You can choose to nominate yourself or a colleague.
- Two letters of recommendation must also be provided by non-relatives who can attest to the applicant’s skills, qualifications, and project management proficiency.
- This completed nomination form and two letters of recommendation must be submitted by 1 May (questions 1-10 must be completed on pages 4 and 5 of this form).
- A distinguished panel of judges proficient in project management processes and techniques will review the nomination forms and letters of recommendation and choose five finalists to progress to the final round.
- The five finalists will be notified on or around July 15.
- All finalists (or those who nominated them) will deliver a virtual 10-minute presentation sometime between August 1 – August 30 using PowerPoint presentation software, to our distinguished panel of judges proficient in project management processes and techniques. The presentation should contain a lesson learned from a project for which the finalist was a project manager and show how that lesson was turned into a best practice for either the PMO or organization as a whole.
- The Kerzner Award recipient will be notified on or about September 15th.
The Award Recipient Will Receive:
- Recognition in PMIEF marketing activities (including press releases, website, events, posters, and social media), PMI Today®, and, possibly, at International Project Management Day™.
- All expenses paid trip, consistent with PMI’s current Volunteer Travel Policy, to the PMI Global Congress – North America for one person.
- Opportunity to make a presentation during PMIEF’s award session at the PMI Global Congress –North America and, possibly, during IIL’s Global Webcast on International Project Management Day™ to several thousand participants around the world. This may also include an invitation to present at the IIL Exhibit Hall Booth during PMI Global Congress - North America.
- US$5,000 voucher for any IIL training course(s)
- Cash donation to the winner’s PMI Chapter (if applicable) in the amount of US$3,000
- Commemorative plaque
Please submit your completed nomination form via postal mail, fax, or email with an attached PDF by 1 May to:
PMI Educational Foundation
Attention: PMIEF Associate
14 Campus Boulevard
Newtown Square, PA, 19073-3299 USA
Fax: +1 (610) 356-0357
Please click here to nominate yourself or a colleague