Scholarships and Awards
Training, and Professional Development Scholarships
PMI Educational Foundation’s Scholarships and Awards Program supports development of the best and brightest future project management professionals and other professionals worldwide through learning opportunities.
The program is open to:
Scholarship donors include:
- College and university students - High school seniors and students at the bachelors, masters, and doctoral levels who are studying project management and related fields are eligible for our college and university scholarships
- Educators - Primary and secondary school teachers and administrators who wish to implement project-based learning in the classroom
- Non-Profits - Employees of non-profits and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) who wish to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their operations
- Professionals - Project management practitioners who wish to improve their professional capabilities.
- PMI Communities
- PMI Registered Education Providers
- Academic Institutions
Care to start a scholarship?
How to start a scholarship
If you wish to donate money to the scholarship program and increase the number of educational opportunities available to students, teachers, and non-profit employees, then please contact:
Student and Practitioner Awards
Awards are given to encourage study of the theory and application of project management by students and practitioners.
- The James R. Snyder International Student Paper of the Year (ISPY) Award is available to bachelors, masters, and doctoral students. ISPY award recipients receive a US$500 cash prize plus complimentary registration, travel and lodging to attend the PMI Global Congress in their region. Winning papers are published in Project Management Journal, PMI’s academic research quarterly.
- The Donald S. Barrie Award which recognizes the paper that best advances the project management body of knowledge in the field of design, procurement and/or construction by providing a useful contribution to the engineering and construction industry. The award of US$500 is announced at PMI Global Congress—North America.
- The Kerzner Award, sponsored by the International Institute for Learning, Inc., is granted to project managers who most emulate the professional dedication and excellence of Dr. Harold Kerzner, PhD, MS, MBA.
Doctoral Research Grants
Doctoral research grants are given to both full-time and part-time doctoral students who are doing research on project, program, or portfolio management.