PMO of the Year Award
2017 PMO of the Year Winner - CAMH
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health is Canada’s largest mental health and addiction teaching hospital.The PMO supports portfolios across the organization and ensures alignment with the vision of CAMH. They have an enterprise reporting strategy to ensure accuracy in their clinical and financial dashboards and information. Their initiatives have helped improve patient safety and operational procedures.
The PMO of the Year Award honors a PMO that has demonstrated superior organizational project management abilities by adding value to its organization through its support of successful strategic initiatives. The award recognizes a PMO that has established a vision for value delivery and has had a positive and clear impact on business results.
- All corporate and government PMOs.
- More than one PMO from an organization may participate as the award is to the PMO, not the organization.
- Enterprise PMOs as well as IT PMOs, New Product Development PMOs, or other Business Unit PMOs.
- Submissions from third-parties on behalf of a PMO.
- Consulting, Training, or other third-party providers are not permitted to submit an entry on behalf of an organization’s PMO.
- Current PMI staff, contractors and/or consultants are not eligible to apply for an award.
Number of Awards
- One winner and two finalists will be awarded annually.
- PMI reserves the right not to select a winner for a particular year if the evaluations performed indicate that nominations do not meet the stated criteria.
- Nominations must be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by the nomination deadline.
- One Lead Nominator must be designated with whom PMI will communicate regarding the nomination. The Lead Nominator must be the PMO Director.
- The Lead Nominator does not require PMI affiliation.
- The Lead Nominator must submit the PMO of the Year Award Application document addressing each of the criteria, listing relevant criteria title and description at the top of each page.
- All submitted material must not exceed twelve pages (eleven for the criteria and one for the Organization and PMO information requested).
- The Lead Nominator must ensure that all documentation is accurately completed and submitted. Incomplete nomination packages will not be evaluated.
- Please review PMI General Submission Guidelines.
Nomination Package Content
The nomination package, consisting of no more than twelve pages, must contain:
- The PMO of the Year Award Application document addressing each of the criteria that must be met with a maximum set page limit for each criteria.
- PMI Permissions and Release Form (not counted toward the page count maximum)
- PMI Contact Information Form (PMO of the Year Award specific) (not counted toward the page count maximum)
In the Event of an Unsuccessful Nomination
- A new nomination package must be submitted in order for the nominee to be considered in subsequent years.