PMI Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Date Updated: 29 May 2020
PMI is committed to the safety and well-being of our global community, which is why we have a designated Crisis Task Force that is continuously monitoring the situation arising from coronavirus (COVID-19) daily. As changes impacting our customers are made, they will be notified directly, and the information posted here. Please return to this page for the latest updates.
If you need assistance, please contact Customer Care. We are experiencing a surge in contact volume – thank you for your patience during this time.
PMI Certification Candidates
For all certification exam candidates who are able to proceed with taking your scheduled exam, please consult test center information to your specific location at PearsonVUE’s Coronavirus Update Page as it is updated regularly.
For candidates who already scheduled the exam but are unable to take it due to health restrictions or delays with training, PMI will offer you to reschedule your exam and will automatically extend your exam eligibility until 18 January 2021. All paid fees will be eligible for a refund and you will be able to reschedule without accruing penalty fees until 1 July 2020.
For all PMP candidates, we are extending access to the current PMP exam until 31 December 2020 and postponing the launch of the new PMP exam until 2 January 2021. Additionally, we launched online proctored testing (OPT) for the PMP so candidates can now take the exam online from the convenience of their home or office.
PMI Events Impacted:
- Global Executive Council Meeting, Dubai (postponed)
- PMI Board of Directors Meeting (virtual)
- Leadership Institute Master Class (postponed)
- Latin America Leadership Institute Meeting (virtual, reconfigured)
- Global Accreditation Center (GAC) Onsite Visits (postponed)
- 10 June-9 December Virtual Experience Series (new)
- 12-14 June Leadership Institute Meeting 2020—EMEA – (new reconfigured virtual event – details coming soon!)
- 14-16 June PMI EMEA Congress 2020 – (cancelled - see new Virtual Experience Series)
- 17-18 June SeminarsWorld in Prague – (virtual)
- 22-25 June Mega SeminarsWorld in Orlando, FL (virtual)
- 20-23 July SeminarsWorld in Chicago, IL – (virtual)
- 3-6 August SeminarsWorld in Boston, MA – (virtual)
- September TBD Global Executive Council Meeting – (virtual)
- 15-17 October Leadership Institute Meeting 2020–North America – (new reconfigured event - details coming soon!)
- 17-19 October PMI Global Conference 2020 – (cancelled - see new Virtual Experience Series)
- October TBD SeminarsWorld in Seattle, WA – (virtual)
- Date TBD Brightline Strategy@Work – (reconfigured event - details coming soon!)
- 8-11 November PMO Symposium® 2020 – (cancelled - see new Virtual Experience Series)
- 9-12 November SeminarsWorld in San Diego, CA – (virtual)
We are evaluating events on a case-by-case basis based on location and timing. Because the situation continues to rapidly evolve, we may make further adjustments to our 2020 scheduled events, and we will continue to communicate those changes as soon as possible.
As with planning for every PMI meeting, event and activity, safety and welfare of all attendees is top of our mind. However, please follow the travel advisories and use individual discretion and an abundance of caution pertaining to worldwide travel as it relates to PMI-sponsored events.
All travelers should be aware of coronavirus preventative measures and travel advisories. Good sources of information include: