PMI Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Date Updated: 25 March 2020
PMI is committed to the safety and well-being of our global community, which is why we have a designated Crisis Task Force that is continuously monitoring the situation arising from coronavirus (COVID-19) daily. As changes impacting our customers are made, they will be notified directly, and the information posted here. Please return to this page for the latest updates.
If you need assistance, please contact Customer Care. We are experiencing a surge in contact volume – thank you for your patience during this time.
PMI Certification Candidates
For all certification exam candidates who are able to proceed with taking your scheduled exam, please consult test center information to your specific location at PearsonVUE’s Coronavirus Update Page as it is updated regularly.
For candidates who already scheduled the exam but are unable to take it due to health restrictions or delayed with training, PMI will offer you to reschedule your exam and will automatically extend your exam eligibility until 18 January 2021. All paid fees will be eligible for a refund and you will be able to reschedule without accruing penalty fees. We are also actively exploring and expediting solutions to offer alternative PMP® exam delivery options, and will share more information as it becomes available.
For all PMP candidates, we are extending access to the current PMP exam until 31 December 2020 and postponing the launch of the new PMP exam until 2 January 2021.
PMI Events Impacted:
- Global Executive Council Meeting, Dubai (postponed)
- PMI Board of Directors Meeting (virtual)
- Leadership Institute Master Class (postponed)
- Latin America Leadership Institute Meeting (virtual, reconfigured)
- Global Accreditation Center (GAC) Onsite Visits (postponed)
- 6 - 9 April SeminarsWorld in McLean, VA – (virtual)
- 18 -21 May SeminarsWorld in Pittsburgh, PA – (virtual)
- 12-14 June Leadership Institute Meeting 2020—EMEA – (virtual)
- 14-16 June PMI EMEA Congress 2020 – (virtual)
- 17-18 June SeminarsWorld in Prague – (postponed, details coming soon!)
We are evaluating events on a case-by-case basis based on location and timing. Because the situation continues to rapidly evolve, we may make further adjustments to our 2020 scheduled events, and we will continue to communicate those changes as soon as possible.
As with planning for every PMI meeting, event and activity, safety and welfare of all attendees is top of our mind. However, please follow the travel advisories and use individual discretion and an abundance of caution pertaining to worldwide travel as it relates to PMI-sponsored events.
All travelers should be aware of coronavirus preventative measures and travel advisories. Good sources of information include: