Professional Awards Program Member Advisory Group Charter
Effective Date and Duration: 01 January 2018 to 31 December 2018
Member Advisory Group Purpose:
The PMI Professional Awards Member Advisory Group (Awards MAG) works in partnership with PMI staff and other PMI Advisory Groups to assist with the creation, direction, monitoring, and evaluation of the PMI Professional Awards Program for the purposes of advancing the project management profession and enhancing PMI’s external brand.
- Develop and/or refine awards per direction set by the PMI’s strategic plan and objectives and in compliance with PMI’s approved brand.
- Make recommendations for the selection of award evaluators, award evaluator criteria, award evaluation processes, and award development processes. Work collaboratively with other award-related bodies within PMI to ensure all PMI Professional Awards are evaluated in the most effective way.
- Evaluate PMI Project of the Year Award and PMI Award for Project Excellence nominations and other professional awards as needed.
- Recruit and assist selection of volunteer evaluators via VRMS for PMI’s professional awards, excluding the PMI Project of the Year Award and PMI Award for Project Excellence. Recruit and assist interviewing new candidates for the Awards MAG.
- For the PMI Professional Awards program, host winners and finalists of PMI Professional Awards ensuring an enjoyable award experience.
- Organize and host webinar series with selected winners and finalists of PMI Professional Awards.
Administrative and Reporting Requirements:
- Uses standard agenda, note-taking, and reporting templates
- Provides progress reports to the Volunteer Engagement Liaison when requested
- Volunteer participation is contingent upon: regular attendance of meetings, active participation in volunteer group activities, and commitment to deliverables in addition to compliance to the PMI Confidentiality agreement and PMI Conflict of Interest policy
- Participate in one toll-free teleconference meeting each month for 1 hour each
- Dedicate 15-20 additional hours per month on average for MAG work (more depending on time of season)
- Attend three face-to-face meetings (January at LIVPM in Philadelphia, PA; April meeting at a location to be determined; September/October at LIM and PMI Global Conference)
Resources and Budget:
- As identified in the budget approved annually by the PMI Board of Directors
- PMI staff assigned by President and CEO
- Operating Group Manager will propose the budget for the Awards MAG
- Volunteer Engagement Liaison will support the Awards MAG in:
- Awards material coordination
- Expense approval
- Travel and meeting arrangements
- Teleconference line and agendas
Member Advisory Group Composition and Terms:
- Seven committee members serving staggered three year terms.
- Volunteer Engagement Liaison, Operating Group Manager, and other staff resources as assigned by the PMI President and CEO.
Volunteer Requirements, Experience, and Skills
- Member in good standing
- Currently not involved in any other PMI volunteer activities
- Has no conflict of interest (all PMI members and volunteers are bound to Rule of the Board 12.1, Board Member’s Code of Conduct and the PMI Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct)
It is PMI’s practice to not select/appoint individuals for PMI Volunteer Leadership positions who are already engaged in a leadership role within PMI or its Chapters. This is to reflect the level of commitment needed for such volunteer leadership roles and the desire to encourage volunteer participation through as wide a range of individuals as possible. This limitation does not apply to participation on content development teams in a non-leadership role.
Member Advisory Group Specific:
- Relevant experience to matters pertaining to the administration of a professional awards program
- Work effectively, both virtually and face-to-face
- Five years’ experience working in a project management position
- Volunteer experience at the Chapter level and/or previous experience in a PMI global volunteer role is desired
- Previous experience working in a multi-cultural environment is desired
Name: Jennifer Constantino
Title: Events Programs Administrator (VEL)
E-mail Address: Jennifer.Constantino@PMI.org
Name: Ashley Wolski
Title: Standards Specialist
E-mail Address: Ashley.Wolski@PMI.org
Applicable Governing Documents
- PMI Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Strategic Plan, specifically Core Value on Volunteerism: Volunteers and effective volunteer partnerships with staff are the best way to accomplish the Institute's goals and objectives
- Institute Policies:
- Confidentiality Policy
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Contractor/Volunteer Electronic Systems and Communications Policy
- Volunteer Records Management Policy
- Volunteer Travel Policy
- Social Media Guidelines for Volunteers
- Guidelines for the Conduct of PMI GOC Volunteers
- GOC Volunteers Volunteer Expense Report
All Member Advisory Group charters must annually be approved by the President and Chief Executive Officer for the subsequent year and posted to the Governance page on PMI.org.