Join us for three opportunities to get inspired by world-renowned change-makers, converse with thought leaders, and gain new knowledge and perspective
Project Management Institute (PMI), the world's leading association for the project management profession, is providing professionals around the world the opportunity to join three more groundbreaking Virtual Experience Series events on 20 October 2020, 12 November 2020, and 9 December 2020. Hosted by journalist, television host, and executive producer Tamron Hall, these online events connect attendees to hear unique perspectives and lessons-learned from inspiring thought leaders and experts.
“By bringing these topics to light and providing them a global stage, we can embolden people to embrace change and lean in to new opportunities,” said Sunil Prashara, president and CEO at PMI. “Listening to the stories of others, like our Virtual Experience Series speakers, can help us gain invaluable insights to the world so we can be better in our everyday lives.”
October: A New World View: Our Global Impact
The 20 October event, hosted from 7 a.m. – 1 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, focuses on the big picture and the impact project management has around the globe, with a special emphasis on youth and young change-makers.
- Hear Pakistani education activist and the youngest Nobel Prize laureate, Malala Yousafzai, speak about advancing female education and enabling women’s leadership globally.
- Join activist and “Making Futures: Young Entrepreneurs in a Dynamic Africa” author Sangu Delle to hear lessons-learned from young entrepreneurs in this emerging economy during our October Book Club session, hosted by “Masters of Scale: Rapid Response” podcast host Bob Safian.
- For emerging professionals or students in the project management field, follow our “Emerging Professionals” track to gain practical tips, such as how to create a powerful LinkedIn profile, and pick up advice from young project managers like Google’s Adam Fahrenkopf and Sport Club Internacional’s Marina Tranchitella, two of PMI’s Future 50 honorees.
November: Drawing a Map to the Future: A Deep Dive in Business Analysis
The 12 November 2020 event, hosted from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, is centered on how we can use data for innovation, not just analytics.
- Get in the game with American Football Assistant Coach and game-changer Katie Sowers, in conversation with one of the world’s leading tennis strategists and coach to Novak Djokovic, Craig O’Shannessy, as they unpack how analytics and statistical trends leads to successful game planning.
- Take a deep dive into human nature, and learn how to make better decisions with journalist-turned-international poker champion and “The Biggest Bluff” author Maria Konnikova, during our November Book Club session, also hosted by Bob Safian.
- After hours, test your decision-making skills in one of our two live poker rooms—one for beginners to learn the game, and one for intermediate players to hone their skills. Master dealers will lead the tutorials.
December: Forging Our Path Forward
On 9 December 2020 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, immerse yourself in all things Olympics.
- Get a look at planning for the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 in 2021 with Christophe Dubi, Olympic Games Executive Director at the International Olympic Committee.
- Future 50 Honoree Laura Jones shares her experience as Director of Project Management for Special Olympics International.
- Explore the iconic symbols and graphic imagery of the Olympic Games with “Olympic Games: The Design" author Markus Osterwalder, in conversation with Bob Safian.
Registration for PMI members is $99 for a single experience or $359 for the entire series. Registration for non-members is $149 for a single experience or $899 for the event series. Purchasing a series pass includes complimentary on-demand access to the PMI Talent and Technology Symposium, which took place in June, and select recorded sessions for attendees to peruse through January 2021. Each event is eligible for professional development units (PDUs) toward maintaining PMI® certifications.
Register today at experience.pmi.org.