Project Management Institute (PMI) and Bloomberg Government announced today they will host Outlook for Federal Agency Program Management and Acquisition, a morning briefing on how program management and acquisition reform and the Program Management Improvement and Accountability Act (PMIAA) remain key drivers of federal performance, especially in an atmosphere of budgetary uncertainty.
The event will be held in Washington, D.C. at the Bloomberg Government office on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 beginning at 8:15 AM. For a complete schedule and program details, visit https://about.bgov.com/event/performance-accountability-efficiency-outlook-federal-agency-program-management-acquisition/.
Federal agencies are managing complex programs with evolving missions and growing expectations. Improving outcomes and efficiency, while reducing overspending and waste, are essential priorities for policymakers, agency staff, contractors, and taxpayers. Bloomberg Government and PMI are bringing together the sector’s leading experts to host a timely conversation about what lies ahead for federal program management and acquisition.
Among the speakers confirmed include:
- Alan P. Balutis, Distinguished Fellow and Senior Director, North American Public Sector, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Robert Burton, Partner, Government Contracts Group, Crowell & Moring Law Firm
- Dan Chenok, Executive Director, IBM Center for The Business of Government
- Ryan Consaul, Staff Director, Subcommittee on Oversight and Management Efficiency of the House Homeland Security Committee
- Joanie F. Newhart, Associate Administrator for Acquisition Workforce Programs, Office of Federal Procurement Policy, Office of Management and Budget
- Ben Rhodeside, Policy Director, Office of United States Senator Tammy Duckworth