Today, Project Management Institute (PMI) announced the winners of the 2018 PMI® Professional Awards during a gala at the 2018 PMI® Global Conference – North America in Los Angeles, California.
The PMI Professional Awards Gala and dinner is an annual celebration of project, program, and portfolio management – and the industry stars who are not only changing the profession and their organizations, but enabling the evolution of their communities and the business landscape. Based on nominations from our global membership, PMI and the PMI Educational Foundation will honor those who represent the best of the best from across the world of project management.
Since 1974, the prestigious PMI Professional Awards have honored organizations and individuals whose passion, talent, and expertise have made the greatest contributions to the project management profession or to PMI. PMI Research and Academic Awards recognize those who have made sustained or significant contributions through research or literature. PMIEF Awards recognizes the outstanding contributions of project managers and students.
PMI Project of the Year - The PMI Project of the Year Award recognizes the large and complex project that best delivers superior performance of project management practices, superior organizational results, and positive impacts on society with a project budget of more than US$100 million.
- Winner: Project Legacy – Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System Replacement Medical Center Activation, Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System (New Orleans, LA, USA)
- Finalist: Horizonte 2, Fibria Celulose S/A (Três Lagoas, Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil)
- Finalist: McDonald’s Digital Acceleration, McDonald’s Corporation (Oak Brook, IL, USA)
PMI Award for Project Excellence – The PMI Award for Project Excellence recognizes complex projects that best deliver superior performance of project management practices, superior organizational results, and positive impacts on society with a project budget of less than US$100 million.
- Europe, Middle East, Africa Region: The National Training Programme for Emergency Medicine in Ireland, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (Dublin, Ireland)
- North America Region: Discharge Summary Program, University Health Network (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- North American Region: Savannah River Site D-Area Ash Project, Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Aiken, SC, USA)
PMI Fellow Award - The PMI Fellow Award is the highest and most prestigious individual award presented by the Project Management Institute for service to the organization and profession.
- Cynthia Snyder Dionisio, MBA, PMP, PMI Fellow
- Beth J. Ouellette, MBA, PMI-PBA, PMP, PgMP, PMI Fellow
PMI Eric Jenett Project Management Award of Excellence - The PMI Eric Jenett Project Management Award of Excellence recognizes and honors an individual who has made an outstanding contribution(s) to the project management profession or its practice through leadership, technical project management, and strategic and business management acumen.
- Randall L. Englund, MBA, BSEE, NPDP, CBM
- Brian Williamson, FAPM, CFE, 6σ, ITIL Expert, PMI-ACP, PMI-PBA, PMI-RMP, PMI-SP, PMP, PgMP, PfMP
PMI Young Professional Award – The PMI Young Professional Award recognizes and honors young professionals who have made a significant impact in advancing project management within an organization, advancing the knowledge and understanding of the practice of project management, and demonstrating an understanding of PMI standards, practices and ethics.
- Bashair Aljubair, Eng, PMP
- Tammy Ashraf, LIMC, PMI-ACP
- Saad S. Hujran Alshahrani, B.Eng, PMP
- Vinod Kumar Paidakula, MBA, PMI-ACP, PMP, PgMP
- Jake Nink
- Manwendra Singh, PRINCE 2, PMI-ACP, PMP
- Cristian Soto, PMP
PMI David I. Cleland Project Management Literature Award – The PMI David I. Cleland Project Management Literature Award recognizes the author(s) of a published book that significantly advances project management knowledge, concepts, and practice.
- Professor Andrew Davies, DPhil, MA,BA
PMI Project Management Journal Paper of the Year Award – The PMI Project Management Journal Paper of the Year Award recognizes the best paper published in the Project Management Journal in the previous year.
- Prof. Dr. Alfons H. van Marrewijk
PMI Research Achievement Award – The PMI Research Achievement Award recognizes an individual or group of individuals whose work has significantly advanced the concepts, knowledge, and practices of project management though a published body of academic research.
- Dr. Mark Keil
PMI Teaching Excellence Award – The PMI Teaching Excellence Award recognizes an individual faculty member for sustained excellence in teaching project management and to their strong commitment to improving and enhancing project management curricula in higher education.
- Avraham Shtub, PhD, PMP
PMIEF Community Advancement Through Project Management Award – This award emphasized the pro bono contributions of project managers, through different categories, that increase the capacities of nonprofit/nongovernmental organizations.
- Individual Project Manager Category: Carla Johnson and nonprofit partner Educational Resources of Monterey: Hidden Hills Ranch
- PMI Chapter Category: PMI Fort Worth Chapter and nonprofit partner Prison Entrepreneurship Program
PMIEF Kerzner Award for Excellence in Project Management – This award is sponsored by International Institute for Learning, Inc. (IIL) to recognize a project manager who most emulates the professional dedication and excellence of Harold Kerzner, PhD, MS, MBA.
- Sudhakar Ravada, B.Tech, M.S., ITIL, PMP, PgMP
PMIEF Donald S. Barrie Award – This award sponsored by the former PMI Design-Procurement-Construction Specific Interest Group (DPC SIG) is a paper which advances the PMBOK® Guide in the field of design, procurement, and/or construction by providing a useful contribution to the engineering and construction industry.
- Ahmed Mohamed Nabil Amhed Ali, B.Sc., M.Sc., PMP
PMIEF James R. Snyder International Student Paper of the Year Award – This research paper award recognizes excellence in student development of original concepts in project management. Papers are selected based upon the research and creative effort that are best directed toward advancing the concepts, tools, and techniques of managing project-oriented tasks.
- Europe, Middle East, Africa Region: Taiwo Abraham and Joo Jung
- North America Region: Beenish Malik and Queeneth Odimegwu
Find the list of PMI’s award winners: https://www.pmi.org/about/awards/winners