Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® Exam Updates
In Early 2023—
The CAPM® Certification Exam is Being Updated.
- Tests knowledge based on the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition
- Will encompass 4 Domain areas based on the new CAPM Exam Content Outline:
- Project Management Fundamentals and Core Concepts
- Predictive Plan-Based Methodologies
- Agile Frameworks/Methodologies
- Business Analysis Frameworks
- A 10-minute break will also be added to the exam
Both the current and the new exam will include 150 questions to be completed in 3 hours and can be taken at a test center or as an online proctored exam.
Exam Update Timeline
- 1 August - 19 September 2022: Test Pilot Exam Completed
- Early 2023: The current certification exam is retired and can no longer be scheduled or taken. The updated exam is then available for all candidates and available in 8 languages.