Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
What is CAPM Certification?
The Certified Associate of Project Management (CAPM) is a globally recognized credential that opens the door to opportunities at every stage of your career in the field of project management.
The current CAPM certification involves taking an exam that tests your aptitude in:
- Fundamentals of project management and the role of project managers
- Project management environment, and project integration management
- Project scope, schedule, cost, quality and resource management.
- Project procurement, communication, stakeholder and risk management
The CAPM certification is an essential first step in building a career as a project manager. It can also aid you in pursuing many of our major certifications including the gold standard PM certification, the Project Management Professional (PMP).
Am I Eligible?
To sit for the exam, you must meet the following CAPM requirements:
- Have a secondary degree, such as a high school diploma, GED (general educational development), or global equivalent
- Have at least 23 contact hours of project management education completed before the exam (PMI’s online Project Management Basics course can help fulfill this requirement)
Have advanced project leadership experience?
You may be eligible for the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
How Much Does It Cost?
There is an exam fee required to earn the CAPM.
Member: $225.00 Non-Member: $300.00
Save Money With A PMI Membership
Package your certification with a PMI membership to save on your certification exam fee.
Are you a student? Apply for our Student Bundle for substantial savings.
Get Started with these Important Resources
You’ll find answers to your questions here.
CAPM Exam Content Outline
The Exam Content Outline provides details about the exam itself: what to expect, what is included and how it is structured.
The Certification Handbook focuses on requirements, the application process, timeline, and many common applicant questions.
ALSO: Learn about maintaining your certification and Frequently Asked Questions in our Certification Resources pages.