We strive to meet the needs of all aspiring certification holders, including those who need test accommodations due to disability or chronic health condition. Follow the process below if you require a test accommodation(s).
First, complete the initial steps of the application process:
- Fulfill the eligibility criteria for the certification you are pursuing.
- Complete the certification application.
- We will review your application to ensure eligibility requirements have been met and make an approval decision.
If approved, next you’ll request your test accommodations:
- Read the Test Accommodations Guidelines document in detail.
- Provide payment for the certification.
- During the online payment process, you will be prompted to indicate if you require test accommodations.
- Once you submit payment, you will receive an email requesting that you submit supporting documentation. Complete the Accommodations Request form found and include any supporting documentation.
- Submit the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long will it take to process my request for test accommodations?
We process test accommodation requests as quickly as possible, however some may require more time to arrange than others. We will respond within 30 days.
I have a chronic health condition that requires medication (e.g. diabetes) or a medical device (e.g. asthma). Do I need to request test accommodations?
If you only need to bring a small personal item, check the Prometric guidelines or Pearson VUE guidelines for medically-related, pre-approved items that are permissible at the testing center. For these items, you need not make an accommodations request.
For other types of accommodations, such as extra time or separate room, you will need to place a formal test accommodations request and follow the process outlined above.
Will I be charged an additional fee for test accommodations?
No, there are no additional fees for test accommodations.
Can I request test accommodations if I already scheduled my exam appointment?
No, your existing appointment will need to be cancelled in order to arrange test accommodations. Once your existing appointment is cancelled you can then arrange accommodations according to the testing accommodations guidelines. Please note, you are subject to cancellation fees if you cancel your appointment less than 30 days from the scheduled appointment date.