PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)®
Specialize in identifying and assessing project risks.
Risks present challenges. Unmanaged, they can result in delays, expense, missed objectives and even project failure. But managed well they can offer a competitive advantage and even opportunities. Risk management is an essential aspect of all organizational activities. Validate your skills and become the risk specialist your organization needs.
Updated in 2022, the PMI-RMP certification now includes agile and hybrid environments as well as enterprise-level risks a project manager need to consider.
PMI-RMP certification positions you to:
- Identify problems before they occur.
- Assess project risks.
- Mitigate threats.
- Maximize results and meet deadlines.
- Leverage – and even cause – opportunities.
- Save resources for your project and your organization.
Who Should Apply?
If you are a project manager, risk manager, functional manager or C-suite executive, PMI-RMP certification sets you apart.
If you have advanced knowledge and experience in risk management, or if you are a project manager focused on project risk management, including for large projects in complex environments, then the PMI-RMP® is an excellent choice for you.
Gain and Maintain Your PMI-RMP
- The 115-question exam is available in person and online in English and Arabic.
- To maintain your PMI-RMP, you must earn 30 professional development units (PDUs) in risk management topics every three years.
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree, or the global equivalent)
- 36 months of project risk management experience within the last 5 years
- 40 hours of project risk management education
- Four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent)
- 24 months of project risk management experience within the last 5 years
- 30 hours of project risk management education