Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
Regardless of your career stage, the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® is an asset that will distinguish you in the job market and enhance your credibility and effectiveness working on — or with — project teams.
Organizations with standardized practices attain better results, as shown in our 2015 Pulse of the Profession® report. Because the CAPM® recognizes your knowledge of the profession’s preeminent global standard, you’ll stand out to employers and be poised to move ahead.
Project management is a rapidly growing profession. Through 2020, 1.57 million new jobs will be created each year and qualified practitioners are in demand. With the CAPM, you’ll be on the fast track to opportunity.
Online Proctored Exam
To provide greater flexibility, we now offer the option to take your exam online. With scheduling flexibility and the comfort of your home or office, the online CAPM exam is a convenient option that fits your schedule.
Students can submit one application form to join PMI as a student member and take the CAPM exam at the member discount rate.
Who Should Apply?
If you’d like to manage larger projects and gain more responsibility or add project management skills into your current role, then the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) is right for you.
Gain and Maintain Your CAPM
- The certification exam has 150 multiple choice questions, and you have three hours to complete it.
- To maintain your CAPM, you must retake the exam every five years.
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent)
- 1,500 hours of project experience
- 23 hours of project management education completed by the time you sit for the exam. Our Project Management Basics online course fulfills this educational prerequisite.
For complete information on eligibility requirements, see the CAPM Handbook.