As a service to its membership, the PMI La Crosse – Rochester Chapter posts job opportunities related to Project Management.
Positions contained in this site are presented as a service and neither constitute nor imply endorsement or warranty as PMI La Crosse – Rochester makes no attempt to verify job openings.
Location: 3200 East Ave S., La Crosse, WI, 54601, United States
Relocation Expense Covered: No
Employee Type: Exempt
Manage Others: No
Description: Are you an elite Project Manager? Apply for our Senior Project Manager position and join a company built on a foundation of excellence with employees who continue to grow and thrive with us. Our parent and sister companies are based in New Hampshire with over 100 employees in multiple locations. Come work at an organization rewarding those with impeccable attention to detail and an equally strong view of the larger objective!
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects as assigned and within the parameters of cost, quality, schedule, and objectives.
- Oversee all aspects of projects.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of project.
- Prepare reports for upper management regarding the status of projects.
- Provide leadership for project team members and the Project Management process; lead and direct the work of others, with primary duties to customarily and regularly direct the work of two or more other employees, including but not limited to more junior staff in employee’s discipline; make substantive recommendations to Matrix as to the hiring, firing or discipline of employees.
- Perform primarily office and non-manual work.
- Perform work related to the management or general business operations of Matrix or its customers/clients, while exercising discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance to Matrix and its customers/clients.
- Interface with managers or head of a unit/department requiring the integration of multiple functional organizations.
- Follow and adhere to Project Management Process and Requirements.
- Maintain “Stop Work” authority as to the project.
- Use independent discretion to declare Stop Work if any unsafe situation arises that puts personnel, the project or equipment in jeopardy.
- Educate Matrix and Client on project goals, operations, and safety.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, and environmental regulations and guidelines; promote health and safety awareness consciousness and implements all Matrix health and safety procedures.
- Use “lessons learned” to improve quality of Matrix’s future projects; make recommendations to Matrix as to the implementations of future policies and procedures.
- 15+ years of experience in power plant operations.
- Minimum of 10 years project management experience required.
- PMP certification desired
- The employee is self-motivated and has a willingness to learn.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Able to handle high paced work environment.
- The ability to communicate well with customers and other Matrix and customer/client employees.
- Must be dependable.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must have proficient computer skills.