As a service to its membership, the PMI La Crosse – Rochester Chapter posts job opportunities related to Project Management.
Positions contained in this site are presented as a service and neither constitute nor imply endorsement or warranty as PMI La Crosse – Rochester makes no attempt to verify job openings.
IT Project Manager
Description And Requirements
Help us help our customers realize their dreams of a beautiful home!
Join The #1 Furniture Company-Join The #1 Furniture Brand
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world. Established in 1945, Ashley offers one of the industry’s broadest product assortments to retail partners in 123 countries.
Design, Build, Deliver
Using our internationally acclaimed in-house design team, we create the look without paying expensive design fees. Then, by adhering to some of the most efficient production standards in the world, we can maximize productivity and minimize waste, generating additional savings for you. Finally, all orders are filled from strategically located regional warehouses and are serviced by our own fleet of trucks, the largest in the industry.
The IT Project Manager will formalize, plan and execute projects according to business objectives while meeting strict deadlines and budgets. This includes coordinating and assigning resources, including third-party contractors or consultants in order to meet project objectives. The IT Project Manager will lead documentation, requirements, and standards using project management methodologies and best practices. The IT Project Manager will assist the leadership team in establishing the strategy and direction of projects.
The IT Project Manager will deliver on standard project management tasks and deliverables related to planning, execution, implementation, risk evaluation, change management and training for assigned projects.
Primary Job Functions
- Utilize Project Management methodology and standards in accordance with corporate standards across the department and ensure alignment with business directives and initiatives.
- Coordinate internal resources and third-party vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Evaluate proposed solutions, probe options and make recommendations. Ensure the design and integration of proposed systems, software, and hardware solutions leads to the development and growth of the business through effective use of technology.
- Ensure change management procedures and documentation practices are upheld.
- Analyze project risks, issues, costs and benefits to make relevant recommendations; propose evolutions and changes where needed.
- Responsible for “end-to-end” management of multiple medium to large sized, moderate to highly complex IT projects. Plan, execute and finalize projects on time and on the budget, following appropriate
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) standards and delivering specific, measurable results to business partners.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Manage project components including financial management, quality management, control management, resource management, and business continuity management.
- Effectively communicate project expectations, issues, risks and decisions to project team, business stakeholders and IT.
- Ensure a smooth transition of projects into an operational environment for continued serviceability.
- Measure success factors to ensure project objectives and deliverables were met.
- Enable cross-functional collaboration between the business and IT. Work with business partners to gather requirements and deliver value and Return on Investment (ROI) of projects.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
Bachelor Degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, or other related fields, Required
- 5 years of project management, Required
- Use and implementation with Agile or Waterfall Project Management experience, Required
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- ServiceNow and ServiceNow PPM experience
- Experience in large, complex enterprise environments
- Experience in project management in the IT sector
- Ability to communicate effectively to leadership
- Experience managing geographically dispersed teams and external partners
- Solid organizational skills including strong attention to detail
- Project budgeting
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints and budgets
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project