6:15–7:15 Industry Insights
7:30–8:30 Dinner meeting
Come join fellow Chapter members and other professionals in breakout rooms or in a Kahoot game to make new connections before our Chapter event. Each Networking event you attend may be different in style and format.
6:15–7:15 PM Industry Insights
The 2021 PMP Exam
The PMP Exam is changing in 2021. A new PMP Exam Content Outline, new question types during the exam and a PMI-developed PMP exam prep course are just three of the many aspects that PMI chapters, instructors and exam candidates need to be aware of as they get ready to support or study for the new exam. In this interactive presentation, Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, will be answering the most pressing questions that you may have about the upcoming changes. He will be reviewing the following topics of the new PMP exam:
- The Exam Content Outline
- Authorized Training Partner (ATP) Program
- PMI Authorized PMP Exam Prep Course
- Exam Strategy and Training Materials
- Online Exam
- Take action for PMI Chapters
- Take action for PMP Instructors
- Take action for PMP Candidates
So if you are thinking about teaching or taking the PMP exam in 2021 and would like to understand, what is changing and how to best be ready for the changes, then this session will bring you up to speed.
7:30–8:30 Dinner Meeting
Data-Driven Coaching - Using Data to Manage and Improve Performance
This session looks at ways to use data for teams to understand and improve delivery performance. We will learn practical ways (and tools) to gain insight into the most problematic areas impacting team flow and value delivery and how to get teams to work on those areas.
The learning outcomes are:
- 5 rules when measuring performance - failure to follow these rules causes more harm than good
- 6 dimensions of team performance that need to be balanced to improve total "performance"
- How to use "Polarities" to help teams avoid pushing too hard on one metric dimension and destroying another dimension (how to coach teams on balanced performance, not local optimizations)
- How to get started - an example spreadsheet that covers capturing and displaying data to teams