Washington DC chapter of Project Management Institute (PMIWDC) is embarking on a Youth and Social Impact (YSI) program that focuses on youth between 5 to 35 years old. PMIWDC will enable the youths to raise awareness about project management knowledge, tools, and techniques and foster learning to develop related skills-set to help them become competitive in their personal and professional lives. Further, the 17 United Nations’ Sustainable Development drives this focus with the overarching goal of becoming changemakers to elevate their impacts on society at large.
Project Management is an ever-evolving field that must be open to new ideas and new ways of ensuring project success. What works today will not necessarily work in the future, so project management is always in need of new voices to help us understand the current landscape. Youth and Social Impact Scholarship Program is committed to promoting the future of project management by helping future project professionals, those that will help shape the evolving landscape in which we work. That’s why we’re offering a yearly scholarship to students interested in project management. If you’re a student or professional looking to upscale your skillsets, and interested in a project management discipline, we’d love to receive an application from you!
Candidates for the scholarship must meet the following basic requirements:
- The candidate must be between the ages of 16 and 35 years old.
- The candidate must have applied for and/or been accepted or currently enrolled in an accredited degree, certificate program, or continuing education program in a project management discipline within the DMV area.
- Students must be enrolled as full or part-time student.
- PMI membership is not required.
- The candidate must not have been a previous recipient of any PMIWDC scholarships.
- The candidate must show a demonstrated enthusiasm for and strong interest in the field of project management.
Join us and volunteer now to support:
- Piloting its first contest as a pilot with your high school. And yes, there are prizes for gold, silver, and bronze winners.
- Bring new ideas and fresh perspectives
- Create meaningful change
- Help drive us forward
Connect with us at: [email protected]
Youth & Social Impact (YSI)
- Collaborate to work on various youth initiatives in local high schools in Virginia and Washington DC.
- Identify methods to involve students in PMIWDC activities through university partnerships and engage/mentor young or new project managers (PMs) in the industry.
- Plan, implement, and monitor scholarship and high-school students contest initiatives
- Invite youth winners to PMI events
- Work closely with the PMIWDC Board on:
- Strategic planning
- Membership activities
- Education programming
- Improving every day:
- Outreach initiatives *coming soon* see our events calendar