What Other Resources Exist?
- Agility at Scale home page. This is the DAD landing page overviewing our advice for scaling agile effectively.
- The Program Management Process Blade.
- Book: Choose Your WoW! A Disciplined Agile Delivery Handbook for Optimizing Your Way of Working. This book describes how to tailor your team’s WoW, including options required for large teams to be successful.
- Book: Agile Software Development in the Large: Diving into the Deep. This book covers many of the fundamental strategies for organizing large agile teams.
- Book: Scaling Lean and Agile Software Development: Thinking and Organizational Tools for Large-Scale Scrum. This is also a good read for strategies to support large-scale agile teams.
The goal of this article was to explore the issues surrounding delivery team size. We described our experiences with small, medium, and large-sized agile teams, showing that your approach in such situations needs to vary – one process size, or one organizational structure, does not fit all. What we did not do is cover teams such as Communities of Practice (Guilds), Enterprise Architecture teams, or operations teams which collaborate with solution delivery teams.