Click the diagram to open the interactive DA Browser, where you can learn more about the decision points and options of this goal.
Why This is Important?
The Secure Funding process goal is important to most agile teams because, at least initially, they need the money to pay for development of the first few releases of the solution. In the case of dedicated product teams they may eventually become self-funding, where the revenue or cost savings from their solution is sufficient to pay for the ongoing cost of development. Until the team is self-funding, they need some “seed funding” to get started.
Important Questions to Consider
- How will we fund the team?
- What type of team are we funding?
- How will we access those funds?
- We should gain agreement on the funding strategy for our initiative.
- Fixed-price funding is the riskiest option available to us, and luckily we have much better options available.
- Stable funding of value streams, rather than project-based funding of software teams, is an extremely effective approach.