The Evolving PMO: Governance, Portfolio Management, Resource Optimization, and Performance Measurement with Eric Foss
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this training, learners will be able to:
- Appraise the governance concepts for building the organizational model, culture, and structure of your PMO.
- Apply portfolio management and the seven steps to strategy execution.
- Demonstrate resource optimization skills for understanding program and project utilization while integrating operations, support, and maintenance.
Turn your project management office (PMO) from lackluster to brilliant, able to perform at the highest level. The term “project office” was created by Kent Crawford in his first book, The Strategic Project Office. Since then, the project office has changed and evolved in dramatic ways as thousands of organizations have implemented this cultural remake to create “projectized” organizations. Today’s successful PMOs are being replicated across other organizational business units and many are rapidly evolving into enterprise PMOs.
Through decades of working with corporate leadership, the instructor will interweave the latest concepts of governance, portfolio management, resource optimization, and organizational performance measurement to help you understand how to evolve the project office into a highly valued demand management office. This training is especially useful for those preparing to implement a PMO or expanding their existing project office to incorporate organizational demand planning and management.
- Course Overview and Current Research
- The PMO as the Demand Management Office
- Portfolio Management
- Performance Measurement
- Resource Optimization
- Change Management
- PMO Best Practices
- A Plan of Action
PDU Allocation Table
|Ways of Working||Power Skills||Business Acumen||Total|
|CAPM® / PMP® / PgMP®||10||10||8||28.00|
|PMI-ACP® / Agile*||0||10||8||18.00|