A Microlearning Medley of Popular Topics and Essential Skills with Neal Whitten
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this training, learners will be able to:
- Personalize their training needs by choosing the bursts that best serve their team.
- Participate in multiple skill and Knowledge Area sessions within a single training.
- Describe the key lessons from each burst through its summary takeaways.
Are you looking for a microlearning-type experience that addresses a wide variety of the most popular and hottest professional development topics on projects and in the workplace? Welcome! Learners can select their favorite 10 topics from a list of 20 topics. These 60–90 minute “bursts” (or sessions) are stand-alone opportunities to enhance your professional and personal development.
The topics include: Are You Too Soft?; Dealing With Difficult People; Building Your Self-Confidence; Drive Innovation With Disruptive Thinking; Seven Steps to Successful Conflict Management; Creating Client Satisfaction Surveys; Effective Negotiation Skills; Behaviors to Master When Dealing With Your Leaders; Effective Time Management; Effective Mentoring; Top Mistakes in Conducting Lessons Learned; Achieving the Elusive Work-Life Balance; What Makes a Team Member Valuable?; No-Nonsense Advice for What’s on Your Mind; Escalate Is Not a Dirty Word; Behaviors That Lead to Exceptional Performance; Successful Change Management; Top Reasons Why Projects Fail and What You Can Do to Avoid Failure; Self-Assessing and Improving Your Performance Maturity; and Introduction to Agile Scrum. The takeaway training notebook includes all 20 sessions.
- Objectives for Training
- Introduction of the 20 Bursts Available from Which the Students Choose 10
- Behaviors that Lead to Exceptional Performance
- Effective Time Management
- Behaviors to Master When Dealing with Your Leaders
- Effective Negotiation Skills
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Top Reasons Why Projects Fail and What You Can Do to Avoid Failure
- Drive Innovation with Disruptive Thinking
- Achieving the Elusive Work-Life Balance
- What Makes a Team Member Valuable?
- Creating Client Satisfaction Surveys
- Are You Too Soft?
- Building Your Self-Confidence
- Seven Steps to Successful Conflict Management
- Effective Mentoring
- Top Mistakes in Conducting Lessons Learned
- Successful Change Management
- Self-Assessing and Improving Your Performance Maturity
- Introduction to Agile Scrum
- Escalate is Not a Dirty Word
- No-Nonsense Advice for What’s on Your Mind
- Training on Chosen Bursts One Through Five
- Training on Chosen Bursts Six Through Ten
- Training Quiz
- Top Takeaways Identified by Attendees
- Training Wrap-Up
PDU Allocation Table
|Ways of Working||Power Skills||Business Acumen||Total|
|CAPM® / PMP® / PgMP®||1.5||9.5||3||14.00|
|PMI-ACP® / Agile*||1.5||9.5||3||14.00|