Coach Your Project Team to Greatness! with Maria Fafard
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this training, learners will be able to:
- Use coaching skills with your project team members such as active listening, powerful questioning, direct communication, and designing actions.
- Explain the distinction between coaching, mentoring, and training and enrich their leadership toolkit by adding a coaching module to it.
- Discuss the relevance and power of coaching to create business impact in a project management context.
Coaching skills are essential for motivating and engaging project teams, and therefore are vital for your success as a project manager.
Join us for this highly interactive, in-depth training, and learn how to empower and inspire your team members to boost your team’s productivity by using a coaching mindset and skills. The training engages you in deep, experiential exploration of coaching competencies and their application in a project management context. Our focus will be on enabling you to develop and practice active listening, powerful questioning, direct communication, and designing actions.
The training relies on the extensive use of hands-on exercises and storytelling. You will have many opportunities to practice your newly acquired skills via individual and group exercises, simulations, roll-play, and case studies. Your learning experience is gamified and uses competitions, quizzes, and surveys to maximize interactivity and learning. Upon completion of this training, you will leverage coaching skills to make a greater impact in your organization and increase productivity, engagement, and communication on your project team. It will be even more exciting and valuable when you apply these competencies to help you empower the transformation of individuals, teams, and organizations as well as facilitate your own personal growth, development, and career advancement.
- Value of Coaching in a Project Management Context
- Coaching 101: What Coaching Is and What It Is Not (the distinction between directive and nondirective coaching)
- Reimagining Project Managers as Coaches
- Coaching in a Virtual Environment
- Core ICF Competencies: Foundation (co-creating the relationship; communicating effectively; facilitating learning and results)
- Coaching Exercises and Demonstrations
- Coaching Mindset, Tools, and Techniques (active listening; presence; powerful questions; observations and intuition; language, energy, richness, and depth; transformational versus transactional coaching; shifts in perspective)
- Coaching Process: How to Lead a Coaching Session
- Advancing Your Knowledge and Career (certifications; classes; professional organizations)
Maria is so engaging and experienced in this subject matter. I appreciated that she had a mixture of interactive polls, videos, and peer-to-peer practice sessions. I felt the amount of time given to the training was perfect too.
February 2023 Attendee
PDU Allocation Table
|Ways of Working||Power Skills||Business Acumen||Total|
|CAPM® / PMI-CP™ / PMP® / PgMP®||0||7||0||7.00|
|PMI-ACP® / Agile*||0||7||0||7.00|