Influencing Without Authority: Skills for Obtaining Resources, Building Relationships, and Getting Things Done with Joseph Reed
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this training, learners will be able to:
- Express their influence strategy preferences as well as identify influence practices for improvement.
- Demonstrate practical ways to persuade others and have their voice heard.
- Apply interpersonal communication skills to build trust and rapport, ask the right questions, and find common ground.
You have probably experienced this frustrating dilemma: How do you exert enough influence to get the job done when you’re not given enough authority to do so? If you work in a project environment, you know that you need powerful interpersonal skills to influence team members who are not directly accountable to you. But how?
In this training, you will learn a variety of communications methods to increase effectiveness in a number of situations and across stakeholder groups. You will also gain strategies for influencing and developing valuable relationships to meet program and organizational goals.
- The Management Effectiveness Formula: Why Influence Matters in Project Management
- How Your Mindset Impacts Results: MIBO
- Developing an Effective Influence Mindset
- Transactional Versus Relational Influence
- Ethical Influence Versus Manipulation
- Understanding the Sources of Power and How You Develop Them
- Eight Practices for Influencing Others
- Diagnosing the Avenues of Influence: How to Construct an Influence Map
- Self-Assessment: My Professional Network
- Developing Attending Skills to Build Partnerships and Enhance Relationships
- How to Make the Other Person Feel Heard
- Getting Your Own Voice Heard: Communicating Persuasively
- How to Use Six Forms of Evidence to Support Your Ideas
- How to Give Constructive Feedback and Have It Heard and Acted On
- The Modern-Day Fable: Practicing Persuading and Attending Skills
- Navigating the Relational Influence Process
- Flexing and Adapting Your Influence Style
- The Four Cores of Credibility
- The Behaviors of High-Trust Relationships
- Skill Practice: Trust-Partnering Conversation
- Five Connecting Tactics to Build Rapport
- How to Really Understand the Other Person’s Perspective
- How to Present Your Ideas Persuasively
- Planning to Persuade: Know–Feel–Do
- Skill Practice: The New Project Team
- Why People May Not Do What You Want
- How to Craft a Powerful Message
- The Art of Framing
- Skill Practice: Monroe’s Motivated Sequence
- Five Tactics for Building Common Ground
- How to Work Toward Mutual Benefit
- Relational Influence Planning Process
- Skill Practice: SKL Corporation
I am very satisfied with the training. I learned a lot of actionable practices that I can start implementing at work and in my personal life. I am happy that this training was very practical and relevant to my position.
January 2023 Attendee
PDU Allocation Table
|Ways of Working||Power Skills||Business Acumen||Total|
|CAPM® / PMI-CP™ / PMP® / PgMP®||0||14||0||14.00|
|PMI-ACP® / Agile*||0||14||0||14.00|