Mastering Value Delivery: A Critical Focus for The VUCA Economy with Iain Fraser
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this training, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of value management as a way of improving business performance.
- Review, discuss, and practice specific value management techniques and discover techniques and tools for use in the volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous (VUCA) world.
- Adapt and apply the five key phases of a value management framework for the pragmatic development and implementation of strategy.
This is a face-to-face, 2-day progressive training that provides learning, techniques, and tools for deploying, utilizing, and sustaining a value management framework that assists in better strategic planning and implementation outcomes. Pressure remains on organizational executives and other leaders to continue developing great value and returns for their shareholders and/or stakeholders. Without a value management framework, organizations will become lethargic and potentially oblivious to changes in environments that can cause significant disruption to their performance.
This training offers a path for improved strategic implementation management. It is based on the value management framework detailed in the instructor’s globally selling book The Business of Portfolio Management: Boosting Organizational Value Through Portfolio Management. The training covers a structured approach to the development and implementation of strategy using a value management framework that is integrated with a modern portfolio management approach. Discussion around the why, what, how, and when of change associated with deployment of a value management approach is covered in detail.
- Module 1. Value Management Introduction and Overview
- Module 2. Value Management and Portfolio Management—Partners Toward Higher Organizational Performance
- Module 3. Value Strategy
- Module 4. Value Planning
- Module 5. Value Engineering
- Module 6. Value Delivery
- Module 7. Value Capture
- Module 8. Key Learnings and Summary
Iain explained complex issues and concepts in an easy to digest format, and the topic was even more relevant to what my organization needs now.
May 2023 Attendee
Valuable content, well organized and presented, engaging instructor who is knowledgeable, communicative, and kind.
May 2023 Attendee
PDU Allocation Table
|Ways of Working||Power Skills||Business Acumen||Total|
|CAPM® / PMI-CP™ / PMP® / PgMP®||2||4||8||14.00|
|PMI-ACP® / Agile*||0||4||8||12.00|