Discover Your Superpower and Unleash Your Career with Kathy Mendias
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this training, learners will be able to:
- Identify three positive and three negative attributes of a leader.
- Describe two steps to advancing their career.
- Demonstrate the use of behaviors and techniques to lead teams through successful projects.
Everyone has a superpower that makes us who we are, but do you know what that superpower is? Being able to identify and draw from that superpower can set you apart from others and assist you as you participate in a team, when you need to lead others, and when you are advancing your career.
As a project manager and leader in the field, superpowers that enhance your role as leader and change agent are crucial; most of the time, we ignore our superpowers, as well as our pitfalls.
This exploratory training is designed for new leaders, those looking to advance their career, and experienced professionals looking for a fresh perspective. This training provides an opportunity for learners to take a deep dive into motivators, behaviors, techniques, and superpowers that are sure to awaken the superhero deep inside each of us!
Through storytelling, exploratory exercises and engaging discussions, you will be able to apply learnings to your career that will enhance your leadership skills and techniques, help discover the positive attributes of your career and how to apply them to the future, and prepare for the unknown unknowns that lie ahead — as a superhero leader.
- Introductions & Overview
- Personal Skills, Motivators and Attributes
- Developing and Sustaining a Personal Path and Journey Log
- Career Transitions
- Mentoring, Exploring and Networking
- Communication and Behaviors That Stand Out in a Crowd
- Navigating a Virtual Career
- Recognizing Your Superpower
- “I am” — Exercise in Discovering Your True North
- Private Passions — Exercise in Recognizing Inner Rewards and Desires
- Discussion on Applying Passions to Your True North
- Superheroes are Leaders
- Applying Your Superpower
- Superpower Translates to Super Leader
- “Follow Me Because” — Exercise in Leadership Development
PDU Allocation Table
|Ways of Working||Power Skills||Business Acumen||Total|
|CAPM® / PMP® / PgMP®||0||4||0||4.00|
|PMI-ACP® / Agile*||0||4||0||4.00|