NEW! From Threat to Opportunity: Risk Management for Difficult Times with Ivan Rincon
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this training, learners will be able to:
- Describe the underlying principles of risk management in a business context.
- Practically apply risk management concepts in the context of projects, programs, and portfolios.
- Design risk management capabilities in organizations, and more specifically, in organizations managing projects.
In the current world, uncertainty is the norm. As we have moved from complex transformation initiatives to a pandemic, to an ever-changing business environment, initiatives (projects) are also more difficult to predict. Our traditional approach of focusing on threats is not good enough.
This 1-day training provides a clear understanding of the principles behind risk management, how to apply those principles in the context of the profession’s best practices, and how the organization can benefit from a more wholesome approach to look at uncertainty as a source of opportunity.
- Concepts of Risk Management and Enterprise Risk Management
- The Risk Management Process in Projects, Programs, and Portfolios
- Risk Management in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Seventh Edition
- A New Perspective: Opportunities and Threats
- Developing Risk Management Capability in Organizations
PDU Allocation Table
The table below displays the number of professional development units (PDUs) awarded for each PMI® credential, as they align to the PMI Talent Triangle®. Power Skills and Business Acumen PDUs apply evenly across all credentials and Ways of Working PDUs apply only to specific credentials. PDUs will be added in full to all eligible credentials. *Please note that the asterisked row below applies to the PMI® Agile Certification Journey and includes Disciplined Agile® Scrum Master (DASM), Disciplined Agile® Senior Scrum Master (DASSM), Disciplined Agile® Coach (DAC), and Disciplined Agile® Value Stream Consultant (DAVSC) certifications.
|Ways of Working||Power Skills||Business Acumen||Total|
|CAPM® / PMP® / PgMP®||7||0||0||7.00|
|PMI-ACP® / Agile*||0||0||0||0.00|