NEW! Mastering Project Management Principles with Klaus Nielsen
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this training, learners will be able to:
- Summarize the “what” and “why” of project management principles.
- Outline how our behavior might be aligned with the intent of the principles.
- Apply the project management principles in various contexts, being predictive, adaptive, or hybrid.
Some might say principles are the fundamental underlying truths and beliefs that form the foundation of our knowledge and values, guiding our actions. That means everything can be reduced to a set of principles or rules, or official and unofficial laws or guidelines. A quote from The London Sunday Times stated “So, follow that principle and you won't go far wrong.”
During the development of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Seventh Edition, which introduces project management principles, there were many long discussions about what project management principles are and why there is a need to govern project management by principles. These are just some of the questions we will address in this training.
If project management principles are so important for high performance, how do we, as project managers and team members, encompass the project management principles? And what are the real benefits?
Most practitioners experience project management principles from the PMBOK® Guide, and other PMI standards, whether they work in predictive, hybrid, or adaptive. Disciplined Agile® (DA™) also introduces the principle of “be awesome.” This training aims to diagnose the various principles and determine how to get the best value out of them.
This training uses an engaging format with a variety of exercises and discussions where we will cover the topics illustrated, provide a lot of good ideas, possibly a solution or two, and also have fun.
- What is a Project Management Principle?
- Why Govern Project Management by Principles?
- What are the Project Management Principles?
- How to Align Our Principles (WHY) to Our Actions (WHAT)
- How to Ensure Our Behavior (WHAT) is Aligned With the Intent of the Principles (WHY)
- What are the Benefits of Being Principle-Driven or Aligned?
- Are Principles for Project Management a Universal Proposition or Framework-Driven?
- Are the Project Management Principles Universal for Predictive, Agile, or Hybrid?
PDU Allocation Table
|Ways of Working||Power Skills||Business Acumen||Total|
|CAPM® / PMP® / PgMP®||0||7||0||7.00|
|PMI-ACP® / Agile*||0||7||0||7.00|