How to Manage the DANCE in an Uncertain World with Jack Duggal
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this training, learners will be able to:
- Identify the DANCE characteristics of complex project/program environments and the need for new approaches to deal with uncertainty and complexity.
- Assess the uncertainty and complexity level of their project, program, or strategic initiative.
- Discuss the need for new perspectives in planning and risk management in an increasingly uncertain world.
In today’s turbulent time, how do we manage projects and programs in an uncertain world? We are indeed in the midst of DANCE—the Dynamic, Ambiguous, Nonlinear, Complex, and Emergent nature of the evolving reality around us. How do we make sense of the new normal in the midst of a pandemic world and how it impacts our projects and programs? How do we get through this and manage in an increasingly uncertain environment?
No matter what kind of project or program you are involved in, there is increasing uncertainty. It is challenging to identify the multitude of variables that might be impacted, let alone anticipate how they might interact to create unexpected challenges. We are going to have to reflect, reframe, renew, and rethink our approaches. Managing projects and leading strategic initiatives requires a new way of thinking and next-generation agility and adaptability to thrive in the new normal.
This training will provide different lenses that trigger new perspectives and insights to help us make sense of the current reality. You will learn how to assess complexity and uncertainty and apply unconventional techniques to deal with it. We will discuss how to get through this and not only survive and become resilient, but thrive and go beyond to get stronger. You will be able to apply timely leadership insights and practical ideas to help you thrive and DANCE on the edge of chaos!
Additional PDU Opportunities: In addition to earning 14 PDUs for attending this training, you will also have an opportunity to earn additional PDUs for participating in post-training application work (optional) that can be self-reported. You will get more details of how to participate in this program during the training directly from your instructor.
- How do you make sense of today’s evolving reality and increasing uncertainty and complexity?
- How do you learn to recognize and identify the DANCE (Dynamic, Ambiguous, Nonlinear, Complex, and Emergent) characteristics of today’s project/program environments and the need for new approaches to deal with uncertainty and complexity?
- Why don’t traditional approaches work and is there a need for new perspectives and approaches in planning and risk management in an increasingly uncertain world?
- How are projects and programs complex adaptive systems and how can we distinguish and understand the true nature of today’s environment?
- How do you assess the uncertainty and complexity level of a project, program, or strategic initiative?
- How should you deal with the impact of uncertain events like the pandemic on your project/program?
- How can you be ready and prepare for a post-pandemic reality?
- How do you design an adaptive project/program/project management office (PMO)/life for agility and strength to withstand the turbulence and uncertainty?
- How do you apply and practice next-generation leadership, communication, and teamwork practices relevant for today’s complex environment?
- How do you DANCE with—and leverage—the power of connections and communications?
- How do you build and foster a rich communication platform to reduce ambiguity and deal with tough stakeholders and challenging customers?
- How do you manage and get comfortable with increasing complexity and ambiguity in today’s reality?
- What is the difference between traditional and next-generation project/program management?
- How do you shift how to see, think, and do differently?
- How do you pick high-leverage experiments to try and learn and evolve?
- What are the principles of leading projects and programs in increasing uncertainty and complexity?
- How do you go beyond resilience and get stronger from uncertainty and turbulence?
- What are effective behaviors, tools, practices, habits, and daily routines to help you deal with the DANCE?
- How do you develop a personal application plan for the application and practice of key learnings from the training?
- How do you learn to DANCE on the edge and uncover new possibilities and opportunities for innovation?
- Is learning how to DANCE the secret to nirvana and fulfillment? (Not guaranteed!)
PDU Allocation Table
|Ways of Working||Power Skills||Business Acumen||Total|
|CAPM® / PMI-CP™ / PMP® / PgMP®||0||10||4||14.00|
|PMI-ACP® / Agile*||0||10||4||14.00|