Developing Your Communication GPS to Keep Your Team (and Project) in Orbit with Kathy Mendias
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the three foundational components of a communications management plan.
- Develop high-performing, communicative teams.
- Implement a communications management plan that drives the project’s trajectory.
Ever look at all those daunting tasks, all the stakeholders, dates and costs and think, “how am I going to bring this all together into one perfectly erected project?” And even worse, “how will I get all these tasks and people to come together and function with the same goal and outcome?”
As one person once asked the wise one, “how do you eat an elephant?” Not sure why someone would ask this question, but the answer makes sense - “one bite at a time.” By applying this simple theory to project management, we’ll translate each bite into the components that make up your team’s project. You’ll learn how to take each component of your project to create, build and utilize your own team’s communication GPS — essentially the glue that keeps all those components working together toward one global outcome.
During this training, we will use storytelling, visuals and engaging discussion to provide you with communication tools that can be used for the maintenance, repair and refurbishing of any project. You will rediscover essential fundamental communication skills, learn how attitudes and perspectives can impact your project, and immediately apply these learnings to any project. You will also be provided with the navigational tools that allow your team to follow the GPS so that no members are left behind. You will be prepared to enhance and ensure project success and results that will far exceed project expectations!
- Introductions & Overview
- Project Risk — Communication
- Open Discussion — Case Study — Discovering Hidden Project Risks
- Fundamental Components of a Communications Management Plan
- Foundation of Your Team’s Communication GPS
- “The Control, The Satellites, the User”
- The Project Manager — The Control
- Building Blocks of an Efficient, Communicative Team — The Satellites
- Stakeholder Discovery & Creating GPS Outputs — The User
- Tools for Mitigating Communication Risks — Discovering the UFOs
- Changing & Maintaining the Trajectory of Your Project
PDU Allocation Table
|Ways of Working||Power Skills||Business Acumen||Total|
|CAPM® / PMP® / PgMP®||3||1||0||4.00|
|PMI-ACP® / Agile*||0||1||0||1.00|