Influence Masterclass with Josef Martens
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this training, learners will be able to:
- Describe the cognitive, emotional, and social skills required to be an effective, trusted project manager.
- Recognize the factors that accelerate trust and identify specific ways to improve your personal trustworthiness.
- Apply the dynamics of influence to achieve real results with your project team and effectively engage with key stakeholders..
The business world is moving from an environment of management to an environment of influence because we realize that there is something more important than juggling tasks, budgets, and resources. We must work with—and through—our stakeholder relationships. In this training, we will take a behind-the-scenes look at how business relationships work and the essential components of influence.
Imagine that this is how you are seen by your key stakeholder: Everyone trusts you as you manage your in-person and virtual teams. They know you have the finesse to handle the biggest challenges with grace and mastery. They know you are a reliable partner. Even when the waves are high and you are against the wall, you are the go-to person when things get tough.
This is what got you there: You recognize that it’s not the technical issues, it’s the human side that sets you apart. And mastering the human side doesn’t just happen, it requires the same attention you have given your industry knowledge, your technical expertise, and your Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification. This training focuses on just that: Step up your influence and thereby step up your projects.
In role-playing sessions, scenario discussions, quizzes, and interactive games, you will practice key skills and start your journey toward influence mastery. You will apply yourself to real-world situations and cases, and in the process, transform your leadership and open new opportunities with customers, senior leaders, and your teams. This program combines advanced leadership skills with a practical how-to guide to become more influential with all your stakeholders.
- Introduction and Objectives
- Influencing Tasks
- Solving complex problems
- The state change of 100% accountability
- The illusion of failure
- Influencing Others
- Emotional intelligence
- Influencing with real connection, trust, and vision
- Listening means being willing to be changed
- Coaching = Asking the questions that change mindsets, thoughts, and action
- Unlocking team engagement
- Influencing Through Others
- Evangelizing: The best alternative to micromanaging
- Nurturing: Playing the long game
- Focus on transformation and culture
PDU Allocation Table
|Ways of Working||Power Skills||Business Acumen||Total|
|CAPM® / PMP® / PgMP®||0||7||0||7.00|
|PMI-ACP® / Agile*||0||7||0||7.00|