First Steps Toward Agility: Incorporating Agile Practices in a Waterfall Environment with NK Shrivastava
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this training, learners will be able to:
- Formulate a strategy to introduce agile in their organizations.
- Explain the first steps to take toward becoming agile.
- Demonstrate agile practices that can be utilized by a waterfall team.
Both predictive (waterfall) and adaptive (agile) methodologies have pros and cons and can be effective ways to structure a project. For teams that are not using an agile approach, there are still agile practices that can benefit them. Daily standups, retrospectives, and many other key agile practices and ceremonies can benefit even a waterfall team. For many, the most arduous part of transitioning to agile in a waterfall environment happens at the beginning—in the uncertainty of how to put the initiative into motion.
In this training, strategies and best practices to begin incorporating agile practices are revealed. Real-world experiences working with existing project teams are shared. By initiating practices, teams start to understand the agile principles and mindset and become better prepared to take the next steps on their agile journey. Specific agile practices and how to adapt each one to a traditional environment are covered.
- Getting Started
- Benefits of Agility
- Agile Concepts: Values, Principles, and Practices
- Agile Methodologies
- Agile Planning and Execution
- First Steps Toward Agility: Incorporating Agile Practices in a Waterfall Environment
- Deep Dive for the Top 10 Agile Practices
- Maintaining a backlog
- Progressive elaboration
- Smaller iterations
- Daily standups
- Frequent reviews/demos
- Wireframes for user interface (UI) design
- Kanban boards
- Limiting work in process (WIP)
- Frequent customer involvement
- Taking First Steps
- Agile Tools
- Summary/Final Q&A
PDU Allocation Table
|Ways of Working||Power Skills||Business Acumen||Total|
|CAPM® / PMI-CP™ / PMP® / PgMP®||14||0||0||14.00|
|PMI-ACP® / Agile*||14||0||0||14.00|