NEW! Discovering Your Personal Intelligence as a Project Leader with Ruth Pearce
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this training, learners will be able to:
- Name their competencies in each of the three domains of sensitivity, sociability, and purpose.
- Explain how the competencies create opportunities and challenges for success and what to do about it.
- Identify team competency gaps.
Human skills are deciding factors in our leadership success. Whether we can regulate our emotions, recognize and empathize with the emotions of others—and engage with others to motivate them—determines whether the project gets done well or even at all.
A new assessment called the Multidimensional Inventory of Personal Intelligence (MIPI) has been developed over the last 10 years by researchers in Canada. This tool helps to measure competency in the areas of sensitivity, sociability, and purpose—or in the language of the assessment: emotional, social, and motivational intelligence.
Join this training to discover who you are, how you come across, and which competencies may help you and which might hinder you in your drive for managing successful projects. This training also offers one of the first opportunities to use the tool with a master coach and trainer to discover who you are as a project manager.
- What Is the MIPI and Why Do We Care?
- The Domain of Sensitivity: Discover How You Recognize, Communicate, and Manage Your Emotions and Responses
- Define Emotional Intelligence
- Spot, Select, and Modify Chosen Behaviors
- Call to Action: Developing Emotional Intelligence
- The Domain of Sociability: Discover How You Recognize, Name, and Support the Emotions, Responses, and Behaviors of Others
- Define Social Intelligence
- Learn How to Encourage Changes in Behavior in Others
- Call to Action: Developing Social Intelligence
- The Domain of Purpose: Discover How Motivated You Are and How That Impacts Your Ability to Motivate Others
- Define Motivational Intelligence
- Learn to Connect Your Purpose to That of the Organization, the Project, and the People Around You
- Call to Action: Develop Your Motivational Intelligence
- What Have You Learned?
- Why Does It Matter?
- What Are the Competency Gaps on YOUR Team?
- What Next?
- Plan Your Next Step
PDU Allocation Table
|Ways of Working||Power Skills||Business Acumen||Total|
|CAPM® / PMP® / PgMP®||0||3||1||4.00|
|PMI-ACP® / Agile*||0||3||1||4.00|