StrateXecution: Strategy Execution With Agile Projects, Programs, and Portfolio Management with Lawrence Suda and Anthony Paris
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this training, learners will be able to:
- Define business owner “big picture” thinking to develop an effective strategic execution mindset.
- Make collaborative decisions with other business functional team members.
- Practice inclusive leadership that drives an organization’s agility.
Most organizations struggle to execute the full potential of their business strategies. You need to ask yourself several important questions:
- Is your implementation bold, focused, and as simple as possible?
- Do you mobilize the right resources?
- Do you leverage insights on customers and competitors?
- Do you promote team engagement and cross-business cooperation?
- Do you own the decisions you make?
- Do you have an agile organization?
- Do you conduct the right projects in your portfolio at the right time?
This immersive, experiential simulation lab will show you how to deliver a given strategy. It will also give you deep insight into the nature of practical change management, decision-making, portfolio management, and an agile mindset. The training comes at the right time as we enter a new era of profound change. Anchored by a high-reality computer simulation of a small business needing to re-invent itself and grow into a medium-sized business, the lab creates a highly engaging, hands-on environment that will enable you to experience collaborative decisions with other functional team members while considering project portfolios to support delivery of the required strategy.
- Introductions and Program Objectives
- Team Mind Maps and Team Ground Rules
- Agile Business and Agile Teams
- Understanding Business Dynamics
- Introductions to the Business: Manufacturing, Product Markets, and Current Situation
- SWOT Analysis
- Avoiding Silos
- Execute Year 2, Q1 and Q2
- Review Results and Q&A About Business
- Overnight Thoughts and Q&A
- Reflections Exercise
- Inclusive Leadership, Business Agility
- Execute Year 2, Q3 and Q4
- Review: Key Business Indicators
- Six Components of a Business Plan
- Prepare Business Plan for Year 3
- Present Business Plan
- Execute Year 3, Q1 and Q2
- Monitor Plan Versus Actual Results, Record Key Indicators, Big Balanced Scorecard Charts
- Overnight Thoughts: Review Year 3, Q1 and Q2
- Reflections Exercise
- Effective Teams
- Review Team Process and Ground Rules
- Components of a Defensible Business Plan
- Human Capital, ESG, NPS, Market Share
- Present Status Year 3, Q1 and Q2
- Execute Year 3, Q4
- Monitor Plan Versus Actual Results Year 3, Record Key Indicators
- Prepare Business Plan for Year
- Present Year 4 Business Plan
- Report on Customer Satisfaction/Employee Satisfaction
- Execute Plan for Year 4, Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q4
- Year 4 Monitor Plan Versus Actual Results
- Debrief and Reflections
- Program Close
Instructors were highly knowledgeable and interactive! I left with tools and strategies I can implement to further my career.
July 2023 Attendee
PDU Allocation Table
|Ways of Working||Power Skills||Business Acumen||Total|
|CAPM® / PMI-CP™ / PMP® / PgMP®||0||14||14||28.00|
|PMI-ACP® / Agile*||0||14||14||28.00|