Integrating Design Thinking on Your Projects with Bruce Gay
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this training, learners will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of incorporating design methodologies on projects for increased customer alignment and business impact.
- Identify and apply design thinking techniques for improving benefits realization and project success.
- Apply innovative and adaptive techniques for user research and requirements elicitation.
In today’s increasingly volatile and complex business environment, project teams need new tools and models to operate in a more flexible, discovery-driven capacity. Design thinking has gained prominence among innovative organizations as a powerful technique for delivering innovative solutions that delight customers. Design thinking enables project teams to solve business problems by following an iterative process and focusing on their users’ standpoints.
This training explores the intersection between the worlds of design thinking and project management and will provide a high-level overview of design thinking methods and tools. Two case studies are used to concretely show how to integrate design methods into projects with lessons learned and unique outcomes. Learners should bring their “creative” sides as this training offers experiential learning through rapid-fire sketching as well as several individual and group hands-on exercises to learn various design methods for user research, idea generation, visualization, and prototyping.
- How is the enterprise environment changing, and what are the implications for projects and talented people who want to advance their careers?
- How do I recognize a VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity) environment?
PDU Allocation Table
|Ways of Working||Power Skills||Business Acumen||Total|
|CAPM® / PMI-CP™ / PMP® / PgMP®||2||2||3||7.00|
|PMI-ACP® / Agile*||2||2||3||7.00|