Aligning the Organization Through Portfolio Management with Mohamed Khalifa Hassan
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this training, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate their capability to analyze and select organizational initiatives.
- Optimize the use of resources to ensure corporate benefits delivery.
- Recognize why, when, and how to use portfolio management.
Organizations that adopt projects to achieve change and deliver results often find it difficult to prioritize projects and make the best use of their resources. Additionally, many recent surveys revealed that project backlog is a major issue for organizations. Portfolio management is a management approach that aims to align project efforts with the corporate strategy and optimize the efficient use of resources throughout the organization.
This training focuses on three major pillars of portfolio management:
- Prioritizing projects and other activities, based on their contribution to organizational benefits and their achievability;
- Allocating and prioritizing resources between those projects and activities that have been chosen so they can deliver the expected benefits; and
- Monitoring and controlling the components of your portfolio, based on the construction and evolution of a consolidated risk profile.
This training is designed for experienced project managers, portfolio managers, chief project officers, project directors, and senior managers who need to assign resources to projects to deliver corporate strategies.
- Context of Portfolio Management
- Differences between among projects, programs, and portfolios
- Uncertainty, ambiguity, and complexity
- The portfolio management governance model
- The organizational context of portfolio management
- Various perspectives of portfolio management
- The First Pillar: Organizational Agility
- What is organizational agility?
- Organizational inertia
- Factors of inertia
- How can we overcome organizational inertia?
- Triggering a collaborative mindset within the organization
- The role of the project management office (PMO) in portfolio management and organizational agility
- The Second Pillar: Your Organization’s Strategy
- Defining your strategic horizon
- Constructing your strategic vision
- Constructing your portfolio’s strategy: Building the opportunity chain
- Integrating the opportunity chain throughout the organization
- The Third Pillar: Risk
- Specificities of risk management at the portfolio level
- Consolidating the portfolio risk profile
- Exploiting opportunities or the deadly trap of threat mitigation: A matter of mindset
- The Fourth Pillar: Resource Demand Planning
- Managing Your Portfolio
- Evolutions and future developments of portfolio management
- Portfolio management as an organizational maturity and agility trigger
- Developing the appropriate mindsets
- Benefits of portfolio management
- Portfolio management implementation, success factors, and prerequisites
- The Third Pillar: Risk
PDU Allocation Table
|Ways of Working||Power Skills||Business Acumen||Total|
|CAPM® / PMI-CP™ / PMP® / PgMP®||8||0||6||14.00|
|PMI-ACP® / Agile*||0||0||6||6.00|