Insights for Increasing Personal and Organizational Resilience with Greg Githens
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this training, learners will be able to:
- Recognize and explain the power of bouncing forward.
- Describe how resilience enhances organizational culture and capabilities.
- Identify some first steps for a resiliency action plan as well as techniques for enhancing personal resiliency.
Resilience is an especially important topic for times of crisis, turmoil, recovery, and rebuilding. This training will help you enhance your personal resilience and contribute to organizational resiliency. It is intended to answer four questions:
- Why is it better to say we bounce forward than bounce back?
- What is resilience?
- How do individuals cultivate it?
- How can organizations develop it?
Learners will be shown examples of resilient individuals, organizations, and systems. Through these examples, specific lessons and actionable practices can be unpacked.
- Overview of Seven Kinds of Resilience
- Examples of COVID Humor and Explanation of Reframing
- Explaining Resilience
- Explaining “Bounce Forward”
- Examples of Resilient People
- The Emotional Rollercoaster
- Explaining Experimentalist Leadership
- Leaders Lead by Asking Questions
- Wrap-Up of Resilience-Enhancing Micro Skills
PDU Allocation Table
|Ways of Working||Power Skills||Business Acumen||Total|
|CAPM® / PMI-CP™ / PMP® / PgMP®||0||0.75||0.25||1.00|
|PMI-ACP® / Agile*||0||0.75||0.25||1.00|