NEW! Unlock the Power of Cognitive Diversity: Discover Your Thinking Preferences with the FourSight® Thinking Profile with Teresa Lawrence
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this training, learners will be able to:
- Leverage the thinking preferences of teammates to better solve problems.
- Organize teams with intent to help respond to challenges and opportunities.
- Strengthen teams’ synergy and productivity.
What if you could capture—and capitalize on—the thinking preferences of everyone on your team? Just as people have preferences for foods and colors, they also have measurably different preferences when it comes to solving problems or tackling challenges. Some people seek to clarify the issue/problem (What’s the history, context, data?), and some tend to ideate (I have an idea!). Some people prefer to develop (Let’s work out the kinks first), while others are inclined to implement (Let’s do this!). Many of us have more than one thinking preference that energizes us.
The FourSight® Thinking Profile helps individuals and teams:
- Recognize and leverage the power of cognitive diversity.
- Focus on wrestling with challenges versus wrestling with one another.
- Strengthen team synergy and boost productivity.
- Cultivate a climate that unlocks the full potential of every team member.
The FourSight® Thinking Profile, often referred to simply as FourSight, consists of 39 questions and takes less than 10 minutes to complete. Participants complete the online assessment prior to the training. In this highly interactive training, individual and team profiles are revealed, fostering an engaging and enlightening experience.
Each participant receives an individual profile, an interpretive guide, and a team profile. As a bonus, thinking tools from the Creative Problem Solving process will shared to highlight how teams can bridge the gaps and bolster team preferences to ensure no stage of problem-solving is overlooked.
Unlock the full potential of your team by embracing cognitive diversity and leveraging the transformative power of the FourSight® Thinking Profile. Together, let's embark on a journey that will revolutionize the way you approach problem-solving and maximize your team's collaborative prowess.
- A conversation about problem solving preferences
- An overview of cognitive diversity (what it is, impact on creating heterogeneous vs homogeneous teams, preference versus ability)
- An overview of creative problem-solving (stages and the thinking skills used in each stage) and the connection to cognitive diversity
- A team challenge and presentations
- Team/whole group debrief on process to accomplish the challenge
- Distribute individual profiles
- An overview of the 15 profiles with applications
- Distribution of team and sample team profiles with application
- Connections between individual and team thinking preferences and the creative problem-solving process
- Thinking tools to bridge the gaps between team composition and the stages of problem solving
- Debrief and next steps
PDU Allocation Table
|Ways of Working||Power Skills||Business Acumen||Total|
|CAPM® / PMI-CP™ / PMP® / PgMP®||0||2||2||4.00|
|PMI-ACP® / Agile*||0||2||2||4.00|