Tactful and Effective Methods for Dealing with Difficult Stakeholders with Frank Saladis
DescriptionTopics: Conflict Management | Negotiation | Leadership Development | Communications
Managing the daily challenges of a project to complete objectives and meet client expectations is a challenge regardless of project size and complexity. Dealing with changing, and seemingly unreasonable, demands and requirements of the client often tests the ability of the project manager and project team to remain focused on the project deliverables. Project managers and teams must develop skills and techniques that will assist them in maintaining an effective working relationship with their clients and recognize behavior or situations that may lead to potential conflict, dissatisfaction or strained working relationships with clients. This seminar focuses on the importance of establishing a collaborative environment, setting and managing expectations, and dealing with clients who create difficult working environments.
The seminar is designed for project managers, project leaders, and managers who have direct contact with demanding clients and must establish effective working relationships, obtain requirements, negotiate changes, and manage client interfaces effectively. It is a highly interactive and enjoyable session.
Project managers and program managers encounter many challenges in the pursuit of successful completion of objectives. Among the challenges is the strong possibility of working with stakeholders whose personalities and behaviors may create situations that are difficult to manage or cause significant conflict among other project stakeholders.
In this seminar, learn how to identify the characteristics and tactics of difficult stakeholders whether they are clients, suppliers, co-workers, employees or managers, and develop strategies for creating a more effective and productive work environment. You will practice techniques that will assist in solving conflicts and removing barriers that reduce productivity, frustrate team members and co-workers, and slow organizational growth. This seminar will assist you in improving your ability to lead your team to higher levels of performance and to more effectively manage business relationships that will contribute towards achieving desired outcomes. We will also address the concepts of emotional intelligence and the importance of emotional management.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of the benefits realized through effective management of difficult stakeholders
- Describe the key elements of emotional intelligence
- Identify and classify typical behaviors and tactics of difficult stakeholders
- Develop potential responses to effectively manage difficult stakeholders
- Establish and manage stakeholder expectations
- Align actions and behavior with client viewpoints and perspectives
- Minimize the negative effects of confrontations
- Develop solutions to resolve conflicts and manage irate or argumentative people
- Further develop leadership capability
- Define the strategic and business benefits of managing difficult stakeholders
PDU Allocation Table
|CAPM / PMP / PgMP||0||14||0||14.00|
|PMI-ACP / Agile*||0||14||0||14.00|