Building and Transforming the Next Generation PMO and Portfolio Management for Today’s Turbulent & Uncertain Environment with Jack Duggal
DescriptionTopics: Strategic Planning and Implementation | Agile | Portfolio Management | Project Management Office PMO
How do you build and sustain a PMO for today’s turbulent world? How do you enhance strategy execution capabilities in the midst of increasing uncertainty? How do you transform and get your PMO ready for the next normal? How do you prepare for increasing change and volatility? How do you provide sustainable PMO value and results in tough times? This seminar is designed to address these questions and more with real-world PMO and Portfolio Management practice and experience from leading PMOs worldwide.
There is a need to re-evaluate, rethink, and reframe PMO and Portfolio management practices to prepare to deal with the ripple effect and impact of the pandemic. Besides the foundational elements, you will learn to decode the DNA of successful PMOs and identify the steps necessary to enhance your PMO to the next level. You will gain new perspectives on project management and PMO for today’s turbulent and challenging business environment. Find out how to build an adaptive strategy-execution platform while balancing the need for governance and discipline with responsiveness and agility.
This seminar will focus on creating the right environment for portfolio management by providing a framework for project selection, prioritization, oversight and governance to enable making tough choices. Every organization is unique, and this engaging seminar will provide an appropriate roadmap to evolve your PMO and portfolio. You will also learn how to measure PMO value and customer satisfaction and provide value with a PMO Delight Index (PDI). You will learn how to apply next generation approaches to transform your PMO to an adaptive and agile PMO as appropriate for your organization and be ready for the next normal.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Next Generation Insights for Building and Transforming the PMO: Re-evaluate, rethink, and reframe PMO and Portfolio management practices to prepare for the new normal in your business and organization. Gain new perspectives on project management and PMO for today’s turbulent and uncertain world – how to build strategy-execution capabilities while balancing the need for governance and discipline.
- DNA of a Successful PMO: Decode and review the seven core elements and building blocks necessary for a successful PMO based on lessons from leading PMOs around the world.
- PMO Maturity: Assess your organization along the PMO Continuum and chart a roadmap for improvement and optimization.
- Agile & Adaptive PMO: Identify the necessary elements to transform your PMO to an agile and adaptive PMO to support and integrate appropriate agile or hybrid practices.
- Portfolio Management: Practice project classification, selection, prioritization and balancing techniques, and cultivate a portfolio mindset along with roles, responsibilities and portfolio management challenges and lessons learned for effective prioritization and making tough choices.
- Developing Organizational Change Intelligence: Review key organizational change management (OCM) strategies necessary to deal with increasing change and volatility in a post-covid world.
- Measuring PMO Value and Results: Develop a PMO scorecard and dashboard with appropriate metrics to measure PMO value and show results.
- Tools & Technology: Review the latest project and portfolio management (PPM) and PMO collaboration tools, implementation issues and lessons learned.
- Innovation: Discuss how the PMO can be designed as a strategy-execution platform that enables continuous learning, resilience and innovation in a disruptive world.
- PMO Delight Index (PDI): Find out how to measure PMO customer and stakeholder satisfaction and enhance PMO value with PDI!
- Action Planning: Chart a personalized application action plan suited to your organization’s needs and get ready for the next normal.
Additional PDU Opportunities
Besides 21 PDUs for attending this 3-day seminar, you will also get an opportunity to earn 7 additional PDUs for participating in post-seminar application work (optional). You will get more details of how to participate in this program during the seminar. This is a great opportunity to earn an additional day's worth of PDUs at no extra cost.
PDU Allocation Table